India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Don't think god will help him with his behavior though.
Do you think he will play tommorrow or will Powar or Bose play instead?

Well, i am bit suprised that many people have a feeling that India is not a better test side. I always believe that, India play well in Test matches. We didn't have poor tours either. Even in SA we did play nicely despite loosing the test series. So, its no suprise that India draws/wins the test series in England.

Also, if anyone interested have a look at my prediction in post no 15(first page) when everyone were in their strong opinion of England winning the test series ;) :cool:

Eventhough i have missed the actions what he tried ( Infact missed almost the whole test match ), i have a feeling that those sledgings would be none compared to what McGrath did in those days and if i am right, ADonald too have done many sledgings towards the umpire for giving no-balls :p It happens in cricket.. The best behaviour which i can never forget is, Aamir Sohail and Prasad in Wcup. So its all common though not fair. ;)

Last edited:
Just because 'weather is a part of sport', England fans can't feel aggrieved about the 1st Test?
Of course you can feel aggrieved about it, but many fans are going as far as to say England are only out of it because of weather and bad luck. Which is not the case, in my opinion.

Cook got 2 dodgy decisions too.

I don't really mind wrong decisions has both sides suffered them but a plum LBW with time rapidly running out not given is bound to leave me slightly annoyed.
Exactly. If Cook hadn't been given out the match could have taken a completely different turn. Every event in cricket depends on the events before it so one cannot just look at the final event and say that everything depended on that. Of course you can feel annoyed, but you cannot blame the inability to finish it off squarely on the umpire and the weather. Or rather, you should not.

I'm thinking we made a mistake in not picking Rob Key for the ODI's, although his career form is average and the few ODI's he played were poor but he seems to have turned a corner and is focusing on one day matches. He averages 70 this season with 2 centuries in List A matches and Centuries are what we need from openers. That is compared to Cook's 1 career hundred.

Of course you can feel aggrieved about it, but many fans are going as far as to say England are only out of it because of weather and bad luck. Which is not the case, in my opinion.

Exactly. If Cook hadn't been given out the match could have taken a completely different turn. Every event in cricket depends on the events before it so one cannot just look at the final event and say that everything depended on that. Of course you can feel annoyed, but you cannot blame the inability to finish it off squarely on the umpire and the weather. Or rather, you should not.

Wrong decisions are part and parcel of cricket.

But imagine this, your team is 1 wicket away from victory against a good Test team.

The umpires give each other furtive glances every ball and meet every over. You know time is running out and it is only a matter of time before the umpires offer the batsmen the light which, they will accept without thinking.

The ball hits the pad, plum. It's OUT. YES!! No. It's not given. A couple of overs later. The players go off and play is soon abandoned.

As if things couldn't get any worse, you go 1-0 down the next Test.

You can understand why England fans find it hard to accept they are losing especially with all the expectation before the series.

Not quite as bad a feeling as India going out of the WC to Bangladesh but an unenviable feeling.

Of course weather isn't the only reason India are winning. They outplayed England fair and square.

But, weather was definitely on your side on the first day. Saying that, if England had won the toss, I wouldn't be mentioning it as much.

I don't disagree that you have the right to feel frustrated. But I don't think you should feel like you were wronged, especially given that there were more than a few controversial incidents happening throughout the day.

I have not experienced this exact situation but I have seen something similar. When Australia last toured India, with the final frontier set in their minds, we had the opportunity to square up the series (or take a lead, maybe). We went into day 5 requiring 200 and some runs with all 10 wickets intact and Sehwag looking in blistering form. The match got rained off the next day. We went on to lose the next match and with it the series. Coupled with that, India have many times in the past failed to hold on to their wickets with impending rain and gone on to lose matches. It almost seems fair to me that the weather sided with India here, but of course one cannot ignore the contribution of players on both sides.

Might I also remind you that England were offered the light in what commentators suggested was actually "good light" on Day 1 when they had lost a couple of quick wickets and were tottering with a nightwatchman in. India could easily have dug in greater and changed the course of the game there, but weather and the umpires did not side with them.

Of course, I can understand your frustration.

Do you think he will play tommorrow or will Powar or Bose play instead?

Same team for both sides.

Though, whether we need Sidebottom and Anderson at the Oval is questionable, Broad for a shock debut in a cruical game?

Weather looks pretty good btw.

You can understand why England fans find it hard to accept they are losing especially with all the expectation before the series.

Dude those expectations raised after the Ashes 2005 only(the series where you had top class bowlers).And we dont like losing either.:rolleyes:

@baburo or w/e, don't pull out facts from 4 years ago. You're kind of 'going over the edge' mate...:p
lol that was just an example that England are not the only unlucky team in the world. India in the past few years have been denied victory due to rain and bad weather.But they never talk about that.;)

Last edited:
No. The series in SA in 2004 is probably where the expectations raised and they peaked after the 2005 Ashes. England are strongest playing Tests in England and they haven't lost a home Test Series in 6 years (as you may have heard), so that is bound to increase expectation.

Obviously, you don't like losing but this isn't about India :rolleyes:

Might I also remind you that England were offered the light in what commentators suggested was actually "good light" on Day 1 when they had lost a couple of quick wickets and were tottering with a nightwatchman in. India could easily have dug in greater and changed the course of the game there, but weather and the umpires did not side with them.
lol they dont remember that.:p

Dude those expectations raised after the Ashes 2005 only(the series where you had top class bowlers).And we dont like losing either.:rolleyes:

lol that was just an example that England are not the only unlucky team in the world. India in the past few years have been denied victory due to rain and bad weather.But they never talk about that.;)

Care to post a few examples?

Users who are viewing this thread