India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I woudn't say he's had a bad series. I do agree that the conditions didn't suit as much as they could have. He just hasn't be as effective as usual. India are and should be good players of spin. he didn't disgrace himself, just didn't perform quite up to the usual hype.

Montys not taking wickets and with those 2 seamers who are keeping it tight it doesn't look like we'd bowl the Indians out for a reasonable score if we play them in another 3 test matches.

Exactly, i mean Tendulkar usually could handle Panesar in his sleep!

And, we've been outclassed by batting and bowling of the Indians, ofcourse our bowlers have taken a beating and our batters have taken an even bigger one...Write this series off, move onto the next with fresh hopes.

Isnt really vintage, although his ankles may be! But failing Fred, get a bit of the DM from Hamps! Demitri Masca will sort out everyone!

Vettori for a start. He is so much better than him in ODI's, and in Tests at the moment I would just nudge him ahead of MOnty too. Vettori is so underrated these days.

My word I am slow. I have just realised why Irottev is named as he is....

Me too! :p

I don't know why everyone hates Sreesanth. He seems a half-decent bloke that gives his all. Sure, he goes over the top sometimes but he's a whole-hearted cricketer.

The only bowler I really despise is that cocky Asif.

only reason India are doing so well , is because we keep making pitches that are tailor made for their batting.

They have only batted once in "proper english conditions" so far in this series, and that was at lords..and they got owned..

last two matches they batted in nice sushine on dead wickets..its just like playing at home for them..

if we played the next match on a bouncy seamers pitch , i am 100% sure we'd win inside 4days..

you would and you would...and you would still go nowhere.

Series almost over and if you still want to cry over lords, go ahead.

The same cricketers, Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman scored big runs on green/seaming tracks before. Its just that they dont' get the opportunity too much these days.

Anyway, its useless talking to people like you.

England struggling right now and I'd say India are comfortably placed to win it 2-0.

Hopefully, we'll show some of that fighting mentality that was so sorely missing during the Ashes.

Opening partnerships are so crucial but our openers haven't clicked.

The only reason we turned a 200 - run deficit around in Durban was because of a 200-run opening partnership from Tres and Straussy.

you would and you would...and you would still go nowhere.

Series almost over and if you still want to cry over lords, go ahead.

The same cricketers, Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman scored big runs on green/seaming tracks before. Its just that they dont' get the opportunity too much these days.

Anyway, its useless talking to people like you.

England struggling right now and I'd say India are comfortably placed to win it 2-0.

To be fair, after Lords, India have been better than England. I just wish there were some more Tests, with 3 tests, one mistake and you're stuffed!

5 Tests, 3 ODIs and a Twenty20 if so desired. That's how England should do it from now on. If the tourists don't agree then fine, they don't tour.

i never disputed the fact that india have been the better team since lords..

what i said was, if all the pitches has been similar to lords, instead of being flat and lifeless (effectively nullifying our bowling) then we wouldn't be in this mess..

but it seems nowadays pitches are getting flatter and flatter..

True. With people like Tremlett, we should've been getting excellent and threatening bounce, instead it was a featherbed.

Come on, rain damn it!!!!!!!!!!!! (raindance smiley)

Users who are viewing this thread