India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Well, Dravid should enforce the follow on tomorrow so England should have to look at 500.
If they can do that and get Panesar on a dusty pitch then there is a chance.
I still don't see that though.

well we saw india succumb to 100 allout last year in mohali, so impossible is nothin for england, but i do feel that pitch was more of a dustbowl and india were chasing 300 odd to win....

but well bowled india during the last hour in the last session, once again india strike with the new ball :happy

india should make england follow on. england would want a lead of 200 and that should mean 5 sessions. i cant see india being bowled out. looks likes its a india win or daw but you never know

2 days to go.And you think that there are 70% chances of a draw?:eek:

check the forecast for monday..its a SEVERE weather warning..might be washed out...

i don't think dravid will enforced the follow on....

well england fans can look forward to england declaring on 972-9, with two quickfire scores of 304* from tremlett and 360* from panesar with a lead of 646 by tea....

Last edited:
It depend entirely on which result India want.
If India want a draw, then don't enforce the follow-on, bat again whilst the pitch isn't unplayable and immensely spin friendly, so that you avoid England following on setting you anywehere from 100-250 and Panesar getting in amongst you.

However if you want to win, enforce the follow on and bowl us out cheaply again.

It depend entirely on which result India want.
If India want a draw, then don't enforce the follow-on, bat again whilst the pitch isn't unplayable and immensely spin friendly, so that you avoid England following on setting you anywehere from 100-250 and Panesar getting in amongst you.

However if you want to win, enforce the follow on and bowl us out cheaply again.

I'm sure they want a win and again some ranking points and 2-0 is better than 1-0.

Its very unlikely that England can win so they should go for it.

India might aswell go for the win, they've got enough to go defensive if the situation arised that they could lose the test (not going to happen), a 2-0 win would put them level with us in the rankings, surely that's an incentive?

Btw, Dravid has to make us follow on. India batting only takes time out of the game, added to Monday's weather warning and not enforcing the follow on is exceptionally defensive.

Yeah, I don't see any advantage for India in batting again. With a lead of nearly 350 they're hardly going to lose the game. Even if England do score 500 in their second innings a draw or Indian win will still be favourite. Enforcing the follow-on is a no-brainer for me.

Just seen the highlights, shamefully been sleeping most of the day and been out the rest.

Well, how poor are we against that man Kumble? I mean, Vaughan picked argueably the best spinner in Warne, and if he stuck in the one that turned the other way in the Winter Vaughan on most occasions got rid of it one way or another, weak way to give away your wickets.

KP, i dont know, good player, but can play some fluffy shots at times, dam sure he'll improve second time around. Bell, first proper, meaningful knock of the series, impressed how he dealt with Kumble at full fire at times, same as Colly, needs a 3 figure number soon, so does Bell and Strauss but less said about the opener the better.

Prior, disappointing, needs to get out of this negetive trott of form, with both gloves and bat.

Tomorrow i expect Panesar and Tremlett to get a hundred partnership to get beyond that bat-again mark! :p I'm obviously dreaming but think of it, Panesar reaching a 50, he celebrates like mad with a tail-end wicket, a 50, well i cant imagine it myself!

Well it doesn't bare imagining, because there's no chance of it happening.

For the sake of our batsmen's confidence, I hope we bat extremely well second time around because if they go into the ODI's with form like this then it will be like cows to the slaughter. Foot and Mouth infected cows that is.

Kumble was brilliant in the pre-lunch morning session. 2 crucial wickets started the day with England on the back foot. His hundred was also brilliant. POTM for me if he chimes in with a few more wickets, which i'm sure he will.

If the game is a wash out, India still win the series, they've pretty much put England out of the match unless there is some kind of miracle. I'm pretty surprised only Kumble has a hundred so far. It's a great batting track, I was actually half expecting an English player to score a big one, maybe 200.

Vaughan played a poor shot to get out. A bad time to play that kind of shot, right before lunch. There wasn't a need. He can only blame himself.

The ODI's and T20 should be good to watch. Pretty good test series overall, a good contest. I wasn't saying before that England would be favorites, just not to write them off. You never really know which side will turn up for a series. The good one or the horrible one.

Users who are viewing this thread