India in England/Ireland/Scotland

only laxman and dhoni after this, i doubt india can make 150 here and so england might be in with a chance...

My word some of you Indian fans are so fickle. I'm sorry, but you've been running out of superlatives to describe your team for the past 3 days and now your slagging them off. Get behind your team for a change.

It's a smart decision to bat, really. It might rain later today... slightly, and the humidity might help the bowlers tomorrow. Also, you can add around 150-160 runs, call it a day, and hand it to england. The bowlers could need a break.

I know their record is far from flattering but with Kevin Pietersen in your line up, anything is possible. India seem to be very uncomfortable out there, hopefully that means the conditions are now tough for batting and a rested Zaheer and Sreesanth can expose them.

When your chasing 400, the last person you'd want batting is Kevin Pietersen. He'd do his usual "it's all up to me" SLOG - OUT - Oh darn! Routine.

10 minutes ago, india fans were talking about thrashing australia..

how things change

England won't chasing over 400 but India only have themselves to blame here.
Dravid should of en-forced the follow-on which gave them a chance to win and move up the rankings.

It's a smart decision to bat, really. It might rain later today - slightly, and the humidity might help the bowlers tomorrow.

you ask any indian on this forum including me, they would disagree with you, nothing against you, just against dravid :mad

My word some of you Indian fans are so fickle. I'm sorry, but you've been running out of superlatives to describe your team for the past 3 days and now your slagging them off. Get behind your team for a change.

You are right, it just pains me so much to see someone the talent of Tendulkar playing a drive like that to an inswinger and a captain like Dravid making a decision like that.

Dravid == What a negative *******. Throwing away a great opportunity to win a Test series in England. :eek: :eek:

You have won a test series in England - you are winning this series 1-0, and the only possible results are an India win or a draw.

You have won a test series in England - you are winning this series 1-0, and the only possible results are an India win or a draw.

but india gave a reputation of 'not making things look too easy', so you never know...;)

I mean, if India get bowled out for less than a 100, England have every chance of winning. Even if it is a small chance, it makes all the difference... if they are actually chasing a final target rather than chasing a first innings lead. I think it makes a huge difference for a bowling side to bowl under such circumstances. On the other hand, we would have been under a lot less pressure had we actually made them bat to catch up India's 1st innings total.

If they had to follow on, their chances of getting a lead enough to set India a reasonable target to bowl India again in time were NIL.

In every possible way, Dravid has commited a blunder which he could end up regretting. I might be wrong and I hope I am, but I have a nasty feeling in my stomach about this match now.

Last edited:
Some of the Indian fans probably wanna see Dravid get hit in the head by Tremlett so some common sense can prevail & someone sane can make some logical decisions. ;)

But in all seriousness, Dravid will probably go on and hit a ton now.

Remember that we are down to two seamers. Once Anderson and Tremlett have bowled their opening spells it's going to be Collingwood and Panesar.

If India are bowled out for 100 then England have over 400 to get. Considering our first innings and the conditions getting worse I think there is very little chance of an England win

Users who are viewing this thread