India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Like others, i am also suprise about the decision taken by Dravid. With the lead of 300+ they should have allowed England to bat again.. And once again suprised with the things happening... Three quick wickets... And Ganguly seems to get the runs quick with Dravid getting struck in another end. Terrific :p

This was pretty funny! Giles was seen training some girls and he said to one: 'get yourself a first slip'. :laugh

Dravid once did a daring declaration, but that was against Bangladesh.

This is the typical,usual,sorry state of India.[forgive me for not using the royal order of adjectives here]

This has happened too often with our country.Once again after they were in an excellent position they are eager to give it all away.
The pitch,I believe is quite flat now.I doubt many Indians will be disappointed if India lose here.

Poor shot, poor decision, Howell should be sacked and the fears I raised about Jaffer not knowing his stumps have come true once more.
He should take a leaf out of Matthew Hayden's book (cookbook?) and take a big stride in on even fairly short deliveries (he is known to pull off both front or back foot). As I often say, you can't cry about the umpire when the batsman plays like that.

As for the follow-on, well, the follow-on is an option that becomes available under certain circumstances. I do not see why it is always assumed to be the best thing to do; Rahul Dravid knows first hand what can happen when following-on. Barring such an unlikely situation, a quarter of follow-ons still result in draws. Just like any option, if the conditions for that option are not clearly more favourable, then there is no need to change the original game plan.

This is the typical,usual,sorry state of India.[forgive me for not using the royal order of adjectives here]

This has happened too often with our country.Once again after they were in an excellent position they are eager to give it all away.
The pitch,I believe is quite flat now.I doubt many Indians will be disappointed if India lose here.

India losing? Some of the Indian fans are just ....

lol at your thinking "India deserve to lose this match really?" what make you think like that.Just becoz we lost 3 quick wickets?Or Dravid decided to bat again to give his bowlers some rest?Seriously mate try to support India not criticise them.

Man, I was stunned at Dravid's negativity. I'm still stunned. What's the use of getting 664 when you're not bold enough to enforce the follow-on sitting on top of a 300+ run lead???

Give his bowlers a rest? Mate, they had the night's rest and would have been reasonably fresh

My criticism is NOT because we lost 3 quick wickets. Only because Dravid was so negative. I reserve my right to be critical... and this was a blunder as far as captaincy is concerned.

India losing? Some of the Indian fans are just ....

A draw from this position is quite as bad as a loss in my opinion. Yes, India win the series, but something of the sheen would have been taken away from it. And there is always the small chance of England actually winning (because they have a target to chase instead of the first innings total).

Last edited:
Man, I was stunned at Dravid's negativity. I'm still stunned. What's the use of getting 664 when you're not bold enough to enforce the follow-on sitting on top of a 300+ run lead???

My criticism is NOT[/B because we lost 3 quick wickets. Only because Dravid was so negative. I reserve my right to be critical... and this was a blunder as far as captaincy is concerned.

Dravid was the best-ever vice-captain India ever had,but sadly he could not carry on as a good leader himself.Yes.I had advocated for him as a captain,but this is outrageous.

Another thing hari,I think the bowlers are also very lazy.
They might have wanted rest,but ideally we should have enforced the follow on.

Dravid was the best-ever vice-captain India ever had,but sadly he could not carry on as a good leader himself.Yes.I had advocated for him as a captain,but this is outrageous.

Another thing hari,I think the bowlers are also very lazy.
They might have wanted rest,but ideally we should have enforced the follow on.

Now even if we do get a good score, there's the problem of declaring again and deciding what is a good total. With the follow-on the captain could have avoided that problem.

All the time (and with the weather) lost, when we could have been taking some crucial English wickets.

I can imagine England being in the situation India are right now.
The follow on would have put some more pressure on them as to score 350 plus set a good target.

So why exactly did Dravid not enforce the follow-on?

This is the difference between Ganguly and most of the other Indian captains. He had a spine.

Really?, what a coincidence! :D

Yeah, he taught me how to bat! I remember him moderating my Physical PE Examination. I was one of only 3 people who actually took Cricket as one of my sports. I was amazed when I saw Mr.Houghton on TV! :laugh

Oh yeah and erm...Come on England!

So why exactly did Dravid not enforce the follow-on?

This is the difference between Ganguly and most of the other Indian captains. He had a spine.

Well said.
If this is going to be state of affairs in Indian Cricket,I won't be surprised if they come back from Australia 3-0.

India would desparely need a proper person to lead in Aus this December,else I'd say give it back to Ganguly for the Aussie tour.
You cant have a situation in Aus,where India is having a first innings lead of 400 and they decide to not to enforce the follow on.

Users who are viewing this thread