India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I am sure, as a captain, Dravid must have calculated something and would have went for that decision to bat again. Captain just can't blindly take decisions. So without knowing that, its very easy for us to sit happily and criticise him. I agree that its stunning to hear about that decision of Dravid, but have to hear what made him to take that decision.

If I remember right, Steve Waugh openly said in one of the conferences, whatsoever the situation may be, we would not enforce follow-on which we learnt from the Indian series.

I am sure, as a captain, Dravid must have calculated something and would have went for that decision to bat again. Captain just can't blindly take decisions. So without knowing that, its very easy for us to sit happily and criticise him. I agree that its stunning to hear about that decision of Dravid, but have to hear what made him to take that decision.

If I remember right, Steve Waugh openly said in one of the conferences, whatsoever the situation may be, we would not enforce follow-on which we learnt from the Indian series.

Reason: Bowlers were tired.

I'mdead sure thats the reason.

As far as Steve Waugh is concerned,that was just one decision that back-fired.
Given the history of follow-ons,India is the only nation to have won a test after being subjected to a follow on.
Almost 90% follow ons result in victories.
What was it that forced him ? Stupid and highly aggresive bowling by Sreesanth ?

What a contrast. Ganguly 29 runs of 27 balls and Dravid 2 runs of 38 balls. It's good to have one attacking and one defending, but only 2 runs of 38 balls is really poor.

half ganguly's runs are edges..

ENg;and should have 3 gullies..and bowl short at him.. he's an accident waiting to happen

India are not the only team in history to win after being asked to follow-on. Probably the most famous of all such victories, England overturned odds of 500/1 to beat Australia at Headingley in 1981.

lol howell is cluesless..

may as well just toss a coin when someone appeals..

heads = not out
Tails = out..

India are not the only team in history to win after being asked to follow-on. Probably the most famous of all such victories, England overturned odds of 500/1 to beat Australia at Headingley in 1981.

Soory bout that....
but i did mention about the 90%....
was unaware of this particular fact.

And Dravid survives a LBW. Howell is really in form. Ganguly is hitting fours in the gully area.

And it happened three times that a team won after being asked to follow-on.

I know already when you enforce a team to follow-on, there isn't a big chance of them winning.

I think Ganguly will get a fifty before Dravid gets 5 runs. Ganguly is now on 35 runs and Dravid on 2 runs.

Dravid might have his reasons, but he tends to be way too defensive in his captaincy (and in his batting) sometimes.

The way they're playing it doesn't seem like they will declare at tea.

i don't expect to see india declare at all..in fact i would't be surprised if england didn't bat again..

Users who are viewing this thread