India in England/Ireland/Scotland

well dinesh karthik is gone, gambhir looks a promising prosepect.....

What do you mean Dinesh Karthik is gone ?
He's a fine keep plus and excellent bat.I'd rate him as the most technically sound after Dravid.
Gambhir as baburao says hasnt done anything great.His big hundreds have all come against Bangladesh and other minnows.

He's a fine keep plus and excellent bat.I'd rate him as the most technically sound after Dravid.
Gambhir as baburao says hasnt done anything great.His big hundreds have all come against Bangladesh and other minnows.

erm, i meant that he has 'got out', you get it?, in the match, seeing that this is the india in england/scotland/ireland thread :rolleyes:

lol you misunderstood the_leggie's comments on Dinesh Karthik he was talking about the match.:p

Gambhir cant come into the side now. Ask him to score against the big guys and then we can see who he can replace.

Karthik is a permanent player in both test and ODI team. Cant move him at all. Brilliant fielder, excellent batsman. These Gambhir's and Uthappa's have the 20-20 World Cup to show their wares. It would be a big opportunity for them. If they do well, they can make the selectors think.

But they are part of our future.

great win by india......!! hope they continue with such performance against england ! ;)

now, coming to munaf patel.....i just dont get it...what is he trying to do ??
is it just me or is he ASPIRING to be the indian mcgrath ???
one of the main reasons he was taken into the side was because of his
constant 140+ deliveries with the deadly reverse swing.....
hes lost both !

most people say he cut down on his pace to avoid injuries and to prolong his
career. but, if he bowls like this against teams like australia, SA etc....
there wont be any career for him to prolong.
take the e.g of bond and lee....they have had numerous injuries especially bond...but did that stop them from bowling quick !!!

Yes it did, at least with Bond he's taken around 5 MPH off his pace and is now about 85-88.

Bond suffered a stress fractures, these are renouned for taking pace off your bowling. See: Jimmy Anderson. But, are you sure that the speed gun readings in the World Cup were not a little low, Tait failed to hit 150kph more than one or two times and he looked as rapid as ever. Likewise, Pathan was timed as low as 69mph.

Bond suffered a stress fractures, these are renouned for taking pace off your bowling. See: Jimmy Anderson.

Although I do agree with you, Anderson was never actually as fast as he is now before the stress fracture oddly enough.

Although I do agree with you, Anderson was never actually as fast as he is now before the stress fracture oddly enough.

I seem to remember him being a shade quicker before the stress fracture, touching 90mph at times and hitting 85mph more consistantly. However, you must agree that in the period after his stress fracture, his pace was way down.

But, are you sure that the speed gun readings in the World Cup were not a little low

I was going by his pace in Australia against Australia and England, but that was straight coming back from another injury so he would of worked up the pace, but the stress fracture (It's an injury) still took at least 5 MPH off at the WC, but correct the speed guns may of been a bit slow at the World Cup.

I seem to remember him being a shade quicker before the stress fracture, touching 90mph at times and hitting 85mph more consistantly. However, you must agree that in the period after his stress fracture, his pace was way down.

That also had to do with confidence. As you must have seen during the India series, as he got wickets he gained confidence and bowled faster.

great win by india......!! hope they continue with such performance against england ! ;)

now, coming to munaf patel.....i just dont get it...what is he trying to do ??
is it just me or is he ASPIRING to be the indian mcgrath ???
one of the main reasons he was taken into the side was because of his
constant 140+ deliveries with the deadly reverse swing.....
hes lost both !

most people say he cut down on his pace to avoid injuries and to prolong his
career. but, if he bowls like this against teams like australia, SA etc....
there wont be any career for him to prolong.
take the e.g of bond and lee....they have had numerous injuries especially bond...but did that stop them from bowling quick !!!
Yes Munaf was picked in the team because of his pace.He was bowling 140+ in the matches against England in 2006 at home.Now look at his speed 120-125.:mad:

Yes Munaf was picked in the team because of his pace.He was bowling 140+ in the matches against England in 2006 at home.Now look at his speed 120-125.:mad:

In test matches where he has been fit, he has hit 140kph consistantly. He was under the impression that line and length was more important in ODIs. The article which I linked to in my earlier post about Munaf explains a lot about his mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread