India in England/Ireland/Scotland

In ODI's? We've never really had a fixed number 3 in ODI's. I think Yuvraj is the best bet for the future.

I would go with Tendulkar and Ganguly just for classics sake. Tendulkar seemed much more intent on aggression during the Future Cup and Ganguly would be a good counterfoil to that. Uthappa is definitely one for the future... but it doesn't make sense to have Ganguly in the squad and not play him.

Well since England are a poor ODI side then there is no real risk in experimenting because we know that they'll get away with it. :p

Maybe they can produce a scam wherein all their first pick ODI team is either injured or unavailable and they can then use the England Lions team. ;)

Well since England are a poor ODI side then there is no real risk in experimenting because we know that they'll get away with it. :p

no theyre not, i wouldnt say that, because i mean look how england beat the aussies and the kiwis in the ODI series......i thnk it will be a more evenly contested series that some people think.

One request to people giving me reputation -- please leave behind your name and a reason for the reputation even if it is positive.

Thanks.

As for the ODI series, I think it will be difficult for India. The fielding is not up to par and while at the Test level fielding can be masked to an extent with slip fielders, I don't think they can get away with it in the shorter form of the game.

and india cant rely on yuvraj singh to do all the fielding....

Gah the ODI's again, another chance to moan about Cook in the one day team. Also: jettison Prior and bring in Mustard. Maybe even have Solanki in the team? I know he has failed many a time but I really like him. Maybe even Wright? Not keen on him but his performances since T20 selection have been impressive and he plays One Day cricket the way it should be played.

if anyone if going to then england v india odi game in bham (edgbaston). Can you please PM me

Thanks

Gah the ODI's again, another chance to moan about Cook in the one day team. Also: jettison Prior and bring in Mustard. Maybe even have Solanki in the team? I know he has failed many a time but I really like him. Maybe even Wright? Not keen on him but his performances since T20 selection have been impressive and he plays One Day cricket the way it should be played.

Yet another England keeper? One of them should be given a run, and as Prior is in possesion and has done fairly well as England keeper he should keep his place. Mustard is a talent but note that Harmison said he struggles when he has to think about his game.

and he plays One Day cricket the way it should be played.

The problem with selecting Wright is that he's only hit one domestic 50, and 1 hundred, averaging 18, although he does have 50 wickets.
After 47 innings, they aren't the sort of stats you expect from an ODI cricketer, so let him mature a little before giving him a 50 over game.

It's also worth remembering that Luke Wright is a bowling all rounder, his batting is what got him into the 20twenty team because he's a hitter, if he can keep that up for 50 overs, well done to him.

You have to remember he has been down the order Fred.
Has far as I can see he is what England need at the top.
He may be looked at soon if he does well in the Twenty20.

The problem with selecting Wright is that he's only hit one domestic 50, and 1 hundred, averaging 18, although he does have 50 wickets.
After 47 innings, they aren't the sort of stats you expect from an ODI cricketer, so let him mature a little before giving him a 50 over game.

It's also worth remembering that Luke Wright is a bowling all rounder, his batting is what got him into the 20twenty team because he's a hitter, if he can keep that up for 50 overs, well done to him.

Several things.

1) He works very hard and being an all rounder (he has the attributes to be a true all rounder imo) the start of his career his stats will be unflattering.

2) This season he's mainly focused on his batting, of which he's been one of the form batsmen for the shorter/shortest on the county circuit, I believe picking players whilst in good form makes sense.

3) As has been said he played alot of the start of his career batting at 8/9 I think it's only been this season that he's been put at the top of the order.

He would be a risk, but he would only be in our 20-20 team, we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. As much as I rate the guy, I wouldn't put him in our ODI team, yet. Maybe next season or in 2009. One thing is for sure though and that is that he's perhaps the most talented up and coming fast bowling all rounder in the English game. I almost put all rounder full stop, but with Rashids form with the bat it was hard to put him above Rashid. Wright's a very good fielder too. 20-20? Yes. ODIs? Not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread