India in England/Ireland/Scotland

There you go, I wouldn't expose him if you like to 50 over cricket just yet.
I was going to say that he batted at 9, to back the fact that he was a bowling all rounder when he toured with England A he did ok.

Obviously his stats won't be brilliant as he's nowhere near the finished article, and that's why i'd hold him back untill he's at least half way there, with 20twenty, I don't mind, go out there and slog.
Do note that I am a Sussex/Kent fan so I do like Wright, a huge prospect.

As for the ODI series, I think it will be difficult for India. The fielding is not up to par and while at the Test level fielding can be masked to an extent with slip fielders, I don't think they can get away with it in the shorter form of the game.
Depends on the line-up we go with. However, if we consider the youngsters in the current squad as the future of Indian cricket, it looks pretty bright from a fielding perspective. India put in a really good fielding effort during the Lions game, with contributions from Yuvraj, Karthik, Uthappa (even though he dropped a catch), Sharma, Chawla, Gambhir, etc. Dravid is not a bad slipper though he can be a little shoddy in the in-field. Tendulkar is a really good outfielder for the most part. The only liabilities on the field for us will be the faster bowlers (especially Munaf) although we still won't be able to compare with the English fielding. However, if we see the same team fielded as the one against the Lions (close to impossible) then I think we will be far more even in that department. ;)

There you go, I wouldn't expose him if you like to 50 over cricket just yet.
I was going to say that he batted at 9, to back the fact that he was a bowling all rounder when he toured with England A he did ok.

Obviously his stats won't be brilliant as he's nowhere near the finished article, and that's why i'd hold him back untill he's at least half way there, with 20twenty, I don't mind, go out there and slog.
Do note that I am a Sussex/Kent fan so I do like Wright, a huge prospect.

You can't support both! :mad :p

Not only a huge prospect but one of the nicest lads around, will always chat with the crowd.

Born in Chatham, lived up past Godstone, moved back to Kent, who know's who i'm supposed to support!
I feel more inclined to support Kent though.

Wright is quick aswell though, he can get up to 85, so the bowling could be useful.

Can't say i'm upset, I see him as more of a test match bowler anyway and now hopefully Stu will get a chance because he's been in great form.

i thought Stuart Broad was already playing tomorrow, instead of Chris Tremlett...oh well

Iam quite excited about the fact that Freddie will be back tomorrow.
Flintoff versus the Indian top order will be a treat.

News from cricinfo is that Munaf Patel is not quite match fit and so will not likely play on Tuesday. It seems that he will play a role in the later ODIs though.

News from cricinfo is that Munaf Patel is not quite match fit and so will not likely play on Tuesday. It seems that he will play a role in the later ODIs though.

Thank god. He doesn't look fit to me even when they claim hes "110%" fit, and he didn't look anywhere close to even 70% with the way he bowled against the scots and A's.
Hes far to lazy for international cricket, IMO.
my line up:
Sachin
Sourav
Dhonster (let him play his shots-experiment for 2020)
Dravid
Ghambir (even though it looks really odd for him to be in the middle order)
Yuvraj
Dinesh
bowlers

you can change the order up and down a bit i guess, but i say leave Sachin opening. He's at his best then.

What the team for tomorrow should be:

Trescothick
Key
Trott
Pietersen
Collingwood*
Ambrose#
Bopara
Flintoff
Plunkett
Broad
Kirtley

Key is one who I am least sure about but I couldn't think of a better opener in all honesty.

I'm sorry but Plunkett has alot to learn, yes he's got talent but he isn't ready for the ODI arena yet. The rest is good, I like the selection of Kirtley, no spinner though.

I'm sorry but Plunkett has alot to learn, yes he's got talent but he isn't ready for the ODI arena yet. The rest is good, I like the selection of Kirtley, no spinner though.

Plunkett is our most naturally talented fast bowler, ergo he should be in the team. He has taken apart Australia, performed very well against the West Indies this season, being our best bowler despite only playing 2 games http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=2870;type=series.

He is a great swing bowler who bowls an absolute beauty every so often. Obviously he is still inexperienced, with a poor economy often, but he gets wickets which is what we need to focus on as we clearly don't have bowlers who can both control AND take wickets. What's more he's a fine one-day batsman, perfect at number 8/9.

As for the spinner, that was a difficult one. I'm almost as opposed to Panesar being in the one day team as Alistair Cook, but that's a whole different story. Swann was one I wanted to include but I just couldn't fit, particularly as we would have even less experience.

Incidentally I got muddled in my list and it should be this:

Trescothick
Key
Trott
Pietersen
Collingwood*
Ambrose#
Bopara
Flintoff
Plunkett
Anderson
Kirtley

Completely forgot about Anderson, our second best ODI bowler :eek: . Broad, Solanki and Swann would probably be the rest of my 15 for the series.

It's a good job you put our Jim in that updated squad or i'd have to cyber slap you.

Replace Ambrose with Mustard and you have a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread