India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Looking at the weather on SSN I reckon they might bowl with the wind and cold,whoeer wins the toss. hopefully England will bowl because I want to see Fred!

The return of the Prodigal Son. Love him or loathe him, Big Fred is quality.

I think our only chance of winning is to bowl first.

India has won the toss and England will bat first. And Shah won't play.

Last edited:
shah very unlucky to miss out, i dont know why cook is playing, can't see him as an ODI player...

and its chawla playing, not powar

Broads playing :D The legend has returned, provided he's not pissed we can win this! Very good strength in depth in the batting but they'll probably all get ducks knowing England. Broad, Fred, Monty and Jimmy will have 40 overs leaving 10 to the part timers. Not too sure how Mascarenhas managedto sneak in, should have been Shah.

england never learn...

our 2 least attacking players (cook and bell) batting at 1 & 3....

why are england so afraid to attack in the early overs..can u imagine if prior goes early ?

disapointing..

Mascarenhas managedto sneak in, should have been Shah.

after his wonderful display of no wkts or runs against WI, naturally he's a first choice selection for this series..:rolleyes:( mascarenhas that is..)

think he'll get tanked.. like Mustard did to him on saturday..he slogged him all over..

Last edited:
Good shout Eddie. Flintoff should open the batting. Could be a boring first 15 overs unless we get 3 down very quickly then KP can come to the crease and we can enjoy some boundry's.

On a more positive note, its great to see freddie back, i predict he will score a half century. Come on freddie, lets be avin ya!!

I really can't understand why Mascarenhas is playing, he did nothing during the West Indies ODI series and we have someone similar to him in Bopara. Mascarenhas is a bits and pieces player.

Anyway, really excited to see Fred back, a nice long run without injuries would be nice now:p. Shah really unlucky not to be picked after being England's best player in the ODI and twenty20 series against the West Indies.

I'd rather have Colly and Bopara bowling anyway too. We don't need 4 all rounders although Mascarenhas is only an allrounder because he's equally crap at both :p I'd only be too happy for him to prove me wrong of course 9not with the bat, we don't want to have to use anyone past fred and hist 50 ball 200 today)

I rest my lovely case.

I was looking at your point of view, as an Aussie point of view of players born outside England playing for England, you meant from a similar point but in a different/non aggressive (:p) way.

Interesting choice by India, I'd have a bat, always bat in day/night games in England, especially given the weather around, Anderson, Broad, Dimi and Flintoff could have very helpful bowling conditions tonight. Score? 240 minimum. Come on boys.

Shah should be playing, Bell has had his chance, Shah was also our best player vs the West Indies. I think it'll be close today, I'll go for an India win by about 3 wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread