India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Englands approach to one day cricket is terrible. I hope India win this game easily, then maybe England might have to realise that you cant play like this in good batting conditions. Even the commentators are dumbfounded. Whats going on? God this annoys me! I need to punch something.

62 after 15 overs, 80 after 20 overs sounds about right.

Powerplay 10-15 22 runs. Lol oh dear. Yawn!

Last edited:
anyone else thinking back to how Luke wright hammered this same bowling attack 4 days ago?

then looking at this and thinking... WTF ?

I am now mentally preparing myself for our middle order collapse against the spinners.

Last edited:
No wonder most people find cricket in england a boring sport having to watch this tripe. Luke wright would be in my team for sure.

Bell obviously hasn't read the team tactics manifesto..he's played an aggressive shot :p

Showing Ganguly way too much respect, he should be going all over the place! Oh well not a bad start by English standards and hopefully they wil convert these starts

That powerplay worked out somewhat better for England. Chawla in, let's see if he can break this partnership.

Calm down guys, 50 runs from 65 balls in this partnership, and we're not in such a bad position considering we've got players like KP, Collingwood and Flintoff to come in. Yeah it'd be nice if we were 140-1 now, but we're really not in a bad position.

England playing ok.100 in 23 overs isnt bad.They have 9 wickets in hand.

Yes, the fans cry about the run rate, but it is the regular top order collapse that hurts, something which should rarely happen to an elite top order whether playing defensive or aggressive. This has so far been an excellent start in contrast with the past billion matches. Particularly as less experienced players like Cook grow in their role, they will be able to turn over the strike more and scoring will go hand in hand with safe play; if the team works with sensible methods, they will all improve.

In the context of this match, if they can hold wickets at this rate and press at the appropriate moment, their score could easily be up to 300, perhaps even more.

Big improvement in the last few overs, showing some aggression. Will it carry on though, and for the love of god why not do it when theres only two fielders outside the ring.

Pressure is on Dravid, now. The game plan will be to conserve key bowlers, but he may need to call on one early if this partnership can't be broken or limited. Either way, England have India stretched, as a wicket now means a potentially even more threatening player at the crease.

100 for Cook!!! Fantastic knock! I suggest whoever that person is who goes on about Cook being crap at OD cricket has a nice juicy slice of humble pie :p Could be the start of great things for the 22 year old!

I only saw the last few runs of Cook's hundred, but I am pleased for him. He had an interview with Sky before the final test of the season and he says he was keen to work on his ODI cricket, after making a century against Surrey earlier in the year. He seems a determined man and I am glad his hard work has paid off.

Users who are viewing this thread