India in England/Ireland/Scotland

In the context of this match, if they can hold wickets at this rate and press at the appropriate moment, their score could easily be up to 300, perhaps even more.

Why are you always so amazingly correct?

300 perhaps? I'll believe it when I see it. And again I can't help thinking that if we can bat like we are doing on this pitch then what will India do?

Come on England!!

India look far too rusty to be able to win this series. An ageing side with a negative minded captain looks out of place in ODI cricket. Rahul Dravid's decision to field first on a belter of a track just shows how worried he's getting about conditions of play rather than his team's strength. Batting first should have been almost a given for any other captain... Oh, well.

We cannot expect anything else from a captain who chose to draw a Test match from a winning position. :rolleyes:

As for Piyush Chawla, I am unimpressed with his brand of leg spin. He seems too predictable and is just not attacking enough. Even in ODI cricket, a leg spinner needs to attack the batsmen. Otherwise there's no point playing one. It would be better to go with Powar's off-spin in that case.

My word i'm sick of jinxing England.

To be honest Hari, we probably would have bowled first too. I find it amazing how Indian fans can turn on their team so quickly.

Last edited:
I'm not turning on my team. I've already turned on my team when Dravid chose not to enforce the follow-on in the third test. He is just a negative minded captain and that's not really the way to play the game... And I'm not impressed with the ODI team selection either. A guy like Sreesanth who is aggressive in intent is dropped in favour of a lazy slob like Munaf Patel who fitness is *still* in question.

I try to be critical - of both sides.

harishankar said:
I'm not turning on my team. I've already turned on my team

That's a bit of a contradiction. :p

WOW! KP's new bat looks mint! Burma shall have to get cracking on that.

300 definetley up for england on this pitch. poor captaincy from dravid

I got the feeling Cook was told to get to his hundred and then take a risk to give Pietersen a chance in the last ten overs. I would have liked to have seen ten minutes or so of aggressive, attacking play from Cook but that's just not his natural game.

That's a bit of a contradiction.

No. I meant I had already done so long ago while you implied that I was doing it because of their current performance. I just think that their ODI side with ageing heroes and permanent fixtures like Agarkar is getting too old... look at their fielding effort - just not enough for the shorter form of the game.

100 for Cook!!! Fantastic knock! I suggest whoever that person is who goes on about Cook being crap at OD cricket has a nice juicy slice of humble pie :p Could be the start of great things for the 22 year old!
The only problem is it came against India. Don't forget that India has made the likes of Adam Sanford and Ronnie Irani look like world-class players.

India look far too rusty to be able to win this series. An ageing side with a negative minded captain looks out of place in ODI cricket. Rahul Dravid's decision to field first on a belter of a track just shows how worried he's getting about conditions of play rather than his team's strength. Batting first should have been almost a given for any other captain... Oh, well.

We cannot expect anything else from a captain who chose to draw a Test match from a winning position. :rolleyes:

As for Piyush Chawla, I am unimpressed with his brand of leg spin. He seems too predictable and is just not attacking enough. Even in ODI cricket, a leg spinner needs to attack the batsmen. Otherwise there's no point playing one. It would be better to go with Powar's off-spin in that case.
That's far too negative a comment in a game that has not even reached halfway point at this stage. Dravid's decision was pathetic but I think the attack against Chawla is completely unjustified. He has shown that he is an attacking bowler but I can assure you that if Powar was being smacked all over the place even he would tone down a little. Add to that there was absolutely no spin off the surface--all the balls pretty much skidded through.

The only problem is it came against India. Don't forget that India has made the likes of Adam Sanford and Ronnie Irani look like world-class players.

Haha... can't forget those wonderful sagas of Indian cricket.

They also made a left-arm spinner from Zimbabwe look absolutely lethal, didn't they? I forget his name. ;) Then who can forget Douglas Marillier's little heroics against India (I forget the match and the venue)?

We are generous by nature and love giving a newcomer a break. :cheers

That's far too negative a comment in a game that has not even reached halfway point at this stage. Dravid's decision was pathetic but I think the attack against Chawla is completely unjustified. He has shown that he is an attacking bowler but I can assure you that if Powar was being smacked all over the place even he would tone down a little. Add to that there was absolutely no spin off the surface--all the balls pretty much skidded through.

Yeah, maybe I should not have been too critical of Piyush. He did bowl when the batsmen were relatively settled.

Maybe his best way to break into the Indian side would be in Test cricket. ODI cricket can be unforgiving to leg spinners if they're not really top class. I'm not saying Chawla isn't top class: he's just not got there yet...

Users who are viewing this thread