India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Gambhir is gone now also. It will be difficult for India now.

Anderson gets Gambhir too. 100th ODI wicket for him. It's all in the hair they say.

Cook and Bell answered their critics in the best possible way, I have to admit they would not have been in my team for today, so well done to the coaches for sticking with them. Can't believe we only lost 2 wickets in an ODI.

Poor start from India. To be honest, I would have asked for a few more replays in Ganguly's dismissal (unless the third umpire was watching different footage) because the stumps were obscured when Prior was dislodging the bails. It was a single frame decision from what I saw.

Gambhir played a stupid shot but that's what happens when you are up against a large total and you have faced 5 dot balls.

Also, it seems the Indian batsmen want to give the English fielders some ground fielding practice. They have been hitting shot after shot from the middle of the bat to the middle of the fielder's palms.

the run rate is 6.5ish, so england are definetley on the card for the victory here.

Granted this is a terrible start to the Indian innings, but I wouldn't give up so easily on our chances considering Yuvraj, Karthik, and Dhoni are still to come. I don't think the RRR will prove too be much of a problem either as long as these two can build a significant partnership.

Granted this is a terrible start to the Indian innings, but I wouldn't give up so easily on our chances considering Yuvraj, Karthik, and Dhoni are still to come. I don't think the RRR will prove too be much of a problem either as long as these two can build a significant partnership.

easy to say....:rolleyes:

we really do need to take advantage of these powerplays now, you know start going over top, because after 20 overs when the field is back, boundaries will be harder to come by.

great, now tendulkar has clipped to midwicket, india 34-3

Last edited:
easy to say....

I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to Indian cricket.

And as I type that, Tendulkar falls, but I still dare to dream. :p

yes but now the rate has almost gone up to 7 now, so we have to score very quickly and keep wickets in hand. arghh :mad

now yuvraj gone, brilliant catch by cook

its a fact that indian pace bowling sucks time and time again.....
india havent yet found a frontline & CONSISTENT pace bowler since the retirement
of javagal srinath.
only zaheer khan has come somewhat close to be called the frontline bowler....
also, the likes of nehra,balaji,JP yadav etc have disappeared. !!!!!

i've been saying it throughout that chawla isnt yet international material...
powar is anyday better than him....

meanwhile, indians are really struggling to find gaps.....!! :mad

Last edited by a moderator:
And i wish commentators stop calling india a 'world class batting line-up', theyre not a wordl class batting line up because theyre simply not consistent enough!! :mad

Last edited by a moderator:
James Anderson is a superstar and particularly in ODI's. Gambhir, Sachin and YUvraj's scalps isn't bad going

Users who are viewing this thread