4) Yuvraj Singh
5) Rahul Dravid
6) Dinesh Karthik
7) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
8) Piyush Chawla
9) Ajit Agarkar
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Rudra Pratap Singh

:getyou . Oh i really didnt want Ajit Agarkar to play but hes going to have to play now, i now he's experienced and all but i think his economy tomorrow will be at least 6.

You do realise he's playing against England though? We aren't actually any good at this one day cricket lark.

You do realise he's playing against England though? We aren't actually any good at this one day cricket lark.

why are english supporters counting themselves as underdogs? india are probably the most inconsistent ODI side in the world and england have won the aussies in the CB series, i think this series will be closer than some people think. And look at England's middle order (probably) tomottow - 4) Kevin Pietersen, 5) Paul Collingwood and 6) Andrew Flintoff, thats as strong a middle order as you would want (except with gilchrist).

Btw, does anybody what the pitch at the Rose Bowl tomorrow will be like?
You know will it seam, swing, spin or bounce?

why are english supporters counting themselves as underdogs? india are probably the most inconsistent ODI side in the world and england have won the aussies in the CB series, i think this series will be closer than some people think. And look at England's middle order (probably) tomottow - 4) Kevin Pietersen, 5) Paul Collingwood and 6) Andrew Flintoff, thats as strong a middle order as you would want (except with gilchrist).

Btw, does anybody what the pitch at the Rose Bowl tomorrow will be like?
You know will it seam, swing, spin or bounce?

Because we are English, thereby inherently pessimistic. Similar to how all Australians are pompous whiners ;) . Also because we are completely inept at playing One-Day Cricket as a team. We rely on one player when you have Tendulkar, Dravid. Yuvraj and Ganguly and that's just the start.

Because we are English, thereby inherently pessimistic. Similar to how all Australians are pompous whiners ;) . Also because we are completely inept at playing One-Day Cricket as a team. We rely on one player when you have Tendulkar, Dravid. Yuvraj and Ganguly and that's just the start.

I suppose so.....England do heavily rely on Kevin Pietersen, although he is the ideal person to anchor the innings...

Just need to say this when picking an England squad...

Ambrose is Australian and Trott is South African.
Unless one of which has an English parent.
Trott has an English grandparent, not a parent, so is therefore South African, not sure about Ambrose.
And don't say Pietersen is South African aswell, because being half English means you are half South African, being a quarter English means you are more South African or Australian than English...right, rant over, just a groan at the system, not people picking them.:p

My team should (As said, should) be..

Bell
Trescothick (Keeper)
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood*
Flintoff
Bopara
Tremlett
Broad
Anderson
Panesar

Anyway, who cares about this one day stuff anyway..unless we win, in that case we do.;)

Last edited:
yeah definetley tremlett, plunkster is far too inconsistent

News from cricinfo is that Munaf Patel is not quite match fit and so will not likely play on Tuesday. It seems that he will play a role in the later ODIs though.
Riiight.... so he had never "fully recovered from" his injury in the first place.

I think Powar will actually make the cut before Chawla just on safety grounds. Though Powar is far from being a defensive bowler, he is more experienced at both the domestic level and international level and would probably be preferred ahead of the talented leg-spinner.

Last edited:
Trott has played for England, doesn't mean his English, i've made a edit.

Of course it does.

Anyway back to Plunkett.

He isn't good enough, still too inconsistent, he can lose a game for you in a spell. I want a bowler on the money first ball, not first ball of his second or third over.

You don't in my mind.
You need to have British citizenship, which Trott has, but he wasn't English a few years ago, and therefore I don't count him as an Englishman, had he moved when he was 6 or had an English parent, then maybe, my moan with the sytem is that you can't go from quarter English to representing England, but you can in cricket.
If I moved to Scotland and stayed therefore a while, I could play for Scotland, it wouldn't make me Scottish, it would make me a Scotland player.

Last edited:
Just need to say this when picking an England squad...

Ambrose is Australian and Trott is South African.
Unless one of which has an English parent.
Trott has an English grandparent, not a parent, so is therefore South African, not sure about Ambrose.
And don't say Pietersen is South African aswell, because being half English means you are half South African, being a quarter English means you are more South African or Australian than English...right, rant over, just a groan at the system, not people picking them.:p

My team should (As said, should) be..

Bell
Trescothick (Keeper)
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood*
Flintoff
Bopara
Tremlett
Broad
Anderson
Panesar

Anyway, who cares about this one day stuff anyway..unless we win, in that case we do.;)

Ambrose was born in Australia but grew up here. So therefore he is considered English. Trescothick keeping will never happen again.

Ambrose has actually had British citizenship for a while I do believe because he has lived in this country longer than he did in Australia because he left Australia when he was very young.

Then Ambrose is ok, I did say that I wasn't an expert, Trott left when he was 20 and didn't have ENglish parent (s), that is not ok for me, but that's just my view.

Tresco keeping won't happen again, i'd like it ot happen because it's happened before, but that's probably why i'm not a selector!:)

Users who are viewing this thread