India in England/Ireland/Scotland

exactly..they showed spider of where the batsmen were scoring runs..

best example i saw was leg stump half-volley which cook and bell were glancing for 1 to fine leg..with NO ONE out on the sq leg or mid wkt boundaries those should have be lofted in those areas for 4 or 6...

same was similar or wide, full ,off-side deliveries which they were trying to drive thru straight mid off... 99% of ODI opener slash that over point for 4 or 6..

this probly cost us 20-30 runs in power plays alone..

Cook and Bell's lack of over the top hitting ability should be exploited by India in the next ODIs via some creative, but tight fields.

well , its not like its a secret, if they'd done their homework they would know how they play..

i presume india will pick an extra bowler for the next game ? and maybe move Karthik back to open ..can't see wot he's doing at number 7 really..

i presume india will pick an extra bowler for the next game ? and maybe move Karthik back to open ..can't see wot he's doing at number 7 really..

Definately. As I said earlier in my marathon post, at seven, he is not doing anything. At very least he should be six and I see no reason why he shouldn't open. He seemed to negotiate Anderson and Sidebottom extremely well in the test matches and did not score by any means slowly in the tests or the first ODI.

i want and expect powar to play instead of chawla, chawla showed he cant really bat that well and the english batsmen picked him quite easily. i want munaf to play instead of ajit agarkar, his slow pacee yesterday was shocking, and yes i want karthik opening, he is a brilliant opener who can anchor our innings perfectly, never mind tendulkar or ganguly, they both will just get one fifty between them in the whole sereis. maybe dravid opening with karthik....

i felt sorry for dhoni yesterday, couldnt do what he does best because the top order failed....again.

after seeing the highlights last night, England should have scored 30-40 runs more..

we scored hardly any boundaries in any of the power plays, and duringthe last 10 overs we were also poor..

if Bell and Cook had only made 80 each, we'd probly have scored a LOT more runs..

we did bowl well, but i still think we batted like a test team for too many of the overs..
Will you please shut up with your constant negativity and complaints about England. We played really well last night, one of our best performances in a long time and you come on here complaining that we should have scored more runs. As SS said, it's a big outfield all the way around, which makes boundary scoring difficult. Cook and Bell got runs, and not in slow time either, Bell's innings was something like 126 from 110. They get hundreds and still are being criticised.

Freddie bowled well, I guess I was slightly suprised that he was bowling at 90mph having spent time out like he has, but it's good that he's spent time with Lancs playing games before he came back to international cricket.

And people saying India handed England victory, give some credit to the England bowlers please, Jimmy, Broad, Fred and Mascarenhas all bowled really tightly to win England the match. Jimmy especially was fantastic.

There's a long way to go in that series, but England need to be putting in that kind of performance more regularly.

It's as if Dhoni either scores at a SR of 100 or an SR of 10. I haven't seen him find a balance. When he's batting conservatively to save a game whether i be in Test or ODIs, he just doesn't score.

It's as if Dhoni either scores at a SR of 100 or an SR of 10. I haven't seen him find a balance. When he's batting conservatively to save a game whether i be in Test or ODIs, he just doesn't score.

Don't worry Will, Dhoni always plays himself in when they are chasing a score with plenty of time left in the match. You are right that he never gradually builds up, but it works for him to score about 10 off 50 balls and then out of nowhere, explode.

in my opinion he wants to have a SR of 100 in the match but is unable to because once again he has to try and repair the innings because because these 'world class' ganguly's and tendulkar's are always failing....

Don't worry Will, Dhoni always plays himself in when they are chasing a score with plenty of time left in the match. You are right that he never gradually builds up, but it works for him to score about 10 off 50 balls and then out of nowhere, explode.

Now that I think of it, kinda like Hussey's tactic in the Ashes

I never said England didn't bat well, i am just not letting 1 win BLIND MYSELF to the OBVIOUS flaws in england's gameplan..

but is you think 1 boundary and 20 runs is a satifactory return for 5 overs of power play then who am i to argue :p

well if india dont improve theyre heading for a whitewash here, because englands bowling attack looks awesome and india's bowling line up, except maybe for zaheer and RP, looks weak, i mean agarkars days have surely gone (he was bowling at 78mph most of the time), to be honest we would have been better of with sreesanth, at least he brings a bit of pace...

well if india dont improve theyre heading for a whitewash here, because englands bowling attack looks awesome and india's bowling line up, except maybe for zaheer and RP, looks weak, i mean agarkars days have surely gone (he was bowling at 78mph most of the time), to be honest we would have been better of with sreesanth, at least he brings a bit of pace...

That is not true. Agarkar may have been bowling poor, but Sreesanth has been poor in one day matches for his whole career and has been given plenty of goes to earn a spot. Munaf Patel or even Powar would be better selections.

That is not true. Agarkar may have been bowling poor, but Sreesanth has been poor in one day matches for his whole career and has been given plenty of goes to earn a spot. Munaf Patel or even Powar would be better selections.

ok, yes, but england look far better in all aspects of the game so far in this series, india need almost a miracle to win this series because i cant see them overcoming the powerful england side...

you were all saying this at the start of the test series..

remember its the first match of SEVEN..and it was a day-night match. In england at this time of year, batting first almost always guarantees you a win unless you make a real mess of it..

you were all saying this at the start of the test series..

remember its the first match of SEVEN..and it was a day-night match. In england at this time of year, batting first almost always guarantees you a win unless you make a real mess of it..

Yes, people are being too skeptical of India, they are still favourites in my eyes to win this series.

Users who are viewing this thread