India in England/Ireland/Scotland

although i liked england plan to tendulkar with that short point position. it drove him crazy....

you should open with karthik and Gambir then have Tendulkar and ganguly..

you shouldn't give england the best chance to get out your top players with the new ball..

Yes, people are being too skeptical of India, they are still favourites in my eyes to win this series.

really?, with only 3 decent fielders and one of them behind the stumps?.

we need to find some pace from nowhere because bermuda could make 250 against this bowling line up, and the likes of KP and Freddie will absolutely murder our bowling, and as for our batting, yesterdays performance say it all....:rolleyes:

I never said England didn't bat well, i am just not letting 1 win BLIND MYSELF to the OBVIOUS flaws in england's gameplan..

but is you think 1 boundary and 20 runs is a satifactory return for 5 overs of power play then who am i to argue :p
They won the game, put up a decent score with the bat, with 2 hundreds and then put in a brilliant bowling performance. Can you not just see the positives for once. Neither Cook or Bell's innings were slow.

most their "quick runs" were off sachin. ganguly and yuvraj...tbh thats buffet bowling..

again.. not their fault u can only hit whats put in front of you..

most their "quick runs" were off sachin. ganguly and yuvraj...tbh thats buffet bowling..

Indeed it is...India need to take a risk with their bowlers because the part timers just can't cut the mustard. Playing five bowlers with Chawla and Powar being bowling all rounders is an option. Ignoring yesterday which will not likely happen again, India do have reliable batsman and the same batting line up but without Gambhir will not affect India too much.

They won the game, put up a decent score with the bat, with 2 hundreds and then put in a brilliant bowling performance. Can you not just see the positives for once. Neither Cook or Bell's innings were slow.

With all due, we have praised England. It was a terrific performance, but it wasn't a superly amazing performance that the media is making it out to be. I for one am keeping my feet on the ground as we normally put our best performance in an ODI series in the opening fixture. I hope we've turned a corner.

again.. not their fault u can only hit whats put in front of you..
That 2nd line is exactly what I was gonna say, its not England's fault that the Indian bowling attack wasn't so threatening.

With all due, we have praised England. It was a terrific performance, but it wasn't a superly amazing performance that the media is making it out to be. I for one am keeping my feet on the ground as we normally put our best performance in an ODI series in the opening fixture. I hope we've turned a corner.
Yeah I know, I'm afraid about us losing the series still and it going downhill from here. But thats no reason to have a go at Bell and Cook for not scoring quickly enough, they got what people wanted them to get, hundreds. Cook isn't going to score you a 80 ball 100, but he will get runs.

Imo, what yesterday's result did, was prevent a 7-0 whitewash for India, but 6-1 is still on.

I hope that was meant as a joke... :eek:

India beating England 6-1 eh?? Don't spook us... :upray

I think it will be 5-2 in favour of England, most likely.

(now I'm spooking your team) Cook is the greatest, Flintoff is the greatest, Pietersen is the greatest!!!!

I hope that was meant as a joke... :eek:

India beating England 6-1 eh?? Don't spook us... :upray

I think it will be 5-2 in favour of England, most likely.

(now I'm spooking your team) Cook is the greatest, Flintoff is the greatest, Pietersen is the greatest!!!!

Anyone who knows England's recent ODI form will take every victory as one less defeat.

What I will say about the rest of the series, is that I cant see where India are going to get the wickets from. Unless Patel and Powar come in and do well, thats where they could struggle.

Anyone who knows England's recent ODI form will take every victory as one less defeat.

Yes, but India aren't exactly smoking hot either. ;)

What I will say about the rest of the series, is that I cant see where India are going to get the wickets from. Unless Patel and Powar come in and do well, thats where they could struggle.

I think Dravid seriously needs to think of 2 spinners as an alternate strategy unless one of the seamers really fire. I don't think Ganguly as the fifth bowler is working out very well and Yuvraj is... well... just Yuvraj.

There's a big hole in the bowling and the fielding is a worrying aspect. Unless the top batsmen really fire big time, India is going to have a tough time in the ODI series and Dravid is going to have to think up of 6 really good excuses for the post-match interviews... :D

Last edited:
I think India will win the series 5-2.

If the Indian fans were angry with their team's performance yesterday, the English are far too used to it. We are the worst ODI team in the world that struggled to beat Ireland last year.

I think India will do better in the day games than in the day-night ones, though. I'm not totally negative about our chances either, but I think that some drastic improvement is required on all fronts.

Much as I am a Dinesh Kartik fan, I have to concede that we need somebody else batting at #7 who can also bowl a bit. He isn't exactly adding to the balance of the side.

I would also play Powar instead of Piyush Chawla for the next match and see how it goes.

England batted with superb composure, a much needed quality and criticism is very harsh. That sort of batting combined with form from England's strike bowlers will win more games than it loses, a distinct turnaround.

In a team that needs to eradicate top order worries first and foremost, big top order partnerships are much more important than a couple of boundaries. It's always easy to lament missed chances in hindsight, but when they were scoring at around 4 rpo, there's no way you could guarantee that a different method wouldn't throw away wickets (and at 20 overs, they were 1/88, what a tragedy :rolleyes:). The run rate can always be accelerated so long as wickets are in hand.

That said, 78 runs isn't that much in the final 10 overs, or 108 in the last 15, for that matter, although I don't blame them for not knowing what to do with 8 spare wickets. Give them time to work on that, although, Cook getting his first century is a lot better than him getting out in the 80s or 90s.

Interesting signs from Bell, showing good power, as well as good strike rotation and of course his first ODI century. Perhaps this is a reaction to being left out of the South Africa tour. Perhaps in maturity, he is fighting out of the cocoon of a defensive player and grafter to become a more dynamic and all-round batman, not unlike the path of Justin Langer.

Users who are viewing this thread