India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Sehwag isn't way past it in my opinion, although suggesting that he should replace Karthik is pretty ridiculous. There are plenty of other players whose position Sehwag can take over, for example Ganguly and Gambhir.

You mean 6, right?

Oh yeah, 6. Crickey, India is doomed, they are not consistent enough to perform well in 6 ODIs. And yes, Sehwag should replace Ganguly easily, at least he can bash his way to a 50 or 100.

Sehway isn't past it. He's just going through the horrendus lack of form that most mortal cricketers do at some point.

It's the first time England have hosted a 7 ODI series. Good, and I hope it's the last.

3 tests, 3 ODIs, the perfect tour.
I would go with 4 tests and 5 ODIs though that may become a scheduling problem.

Oh yeah, 6. Crickey, India is doomed, they are not consistent enough to perform well in 6 ODIs. And yes, Sehwag should replace Ganguly easily, at least he can bash his way to a 50 or 100.
Make that 50 or 100 a 20 or 30 and you're on the money with regards to Sehwag's recent ODI form. ;)

Last edited:
yes! finally india realise that they cant have gautam gambhir at no.3! i just read it on cricinfo. a no.3 needs to be a batsmen who can stay in there for a long time, score and take the attacl to the opposition.

Half of the indian team is suffering from flu.

Worringly for India, Tendulkar missed practice on the eve of the game along with Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar, RP Singh and Yuvraj Singh, all of whom were suffering from flu and body ache. With Munaf Patel returning from injury, India find themselves heavily depleted at such an early stage of the series.

England are likely to stick to the same combination, one that ran away to an overwhelming win at the Rose Bowl. "There's a lot of energy in the side," said an upbeat Stuart Broad, England's opening bowler. "It's an exciting place to be playing. We had a great performance at the Rose Bowl. If we fulfil our potential, we're difficult to beat."

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/308030.html

Last time it happened against South Africa and we lost the match.But it was very close one.

Hey, if SSN calls it flu, then it's flu. Maybe it's an outbreak of Salmonella due to bad jelly babies.

Just seen it in the news.

Gambhir is out of the next one day.Powar will be in the team.Munaf is the 12th man.And india going with 6 batsman and 5 bowlers hmm.

Just seen it in the news.

Gambhir is out of the next one day.Powar will be in the team.Munaf is the 12th man.And india going with 6 batsman and 5 bowlers hmm.

thats a major risk considering tuesdays performance, 34-4?, chawla or pawar coming in at 7?, chawla and powar have to contribute at least 20 each for this gamble to pay off...

the top order need to fire tomorrow or else it gonna be another embarrasing defeat. but i back the bowlers to take more wickets tomorrow, oh no, the flu...:(

would that mean that bose would play tomorrow?

thats a major risk considering tuesdays performance, 34-4?, chawla or pawar coming in at 7?, chawla and powar have to contribute at least 20 each for this gamble to pay off...

the top order need to fire tomorrow or else it gonna be another embarrasing defeat. but i back the bowlers to take more wickets tomorrow, oh no, the flu...:(

would that mean that bose would play tomorrow?
Talking about Ranadeb Bose?Which series are you watching?:rolleyes:We are talking about one day series not the test series.;)

oh poop, i was still thinking about the test squad thinking that only sreesath and laxman had been left out. so which bowlers will play if the bowlers are not well tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread