India in England/Ireland/Scotland

oh poop, i was still thinking about the test squad thinking that only sreesath and laxman had been left out. so which bowlers will play if the bowlers are not well tomorrow?

Zaheer,RP,Agarkar,Powar,Chawla.;) Munaf may get a chance.

^^ Yeah you know better than us you were admitted in the same hospital.:p

Must have been for a loss of memory as I don't remember it.

Went on a vacation, and came to see that India have got a disastrous defeat on their hands from England. Crap!

Even though we had a good test series, our old legs has made it tough for us to have a comprehensive ODI series. Are we basking on the test series triumph?

Gambhir at No.3 is a bad option. Either open with him, or dont play him. Ganguly can bat one down with Gambhir and Tendulkar opening the batting. Or play an extra bowler. Irfan would have been helpful here. Irfan could have replaced Gambhir thereby giving us an all round option. Right now, we cant let England get off from this first crushing win. We got to bounce back immediately at Bristol.

I somehow feel India are a totally different team when Tendulkar plays the way he usually does. If he cant play the way he usually does, may be he should make way for some one who can play the way he (Sachin) usually did. I feel Rohit Sharma and the likes should be groomed. When Sachin played the way he did, he didnt have the backup to get India the consistent victories. Now when we have good backup to finish off what Sachin usually used to do, Sachin has adopted a new style thereby negating all the positive growth that we have got.

Lets see what India do at Bristol. Most probably, Sachin will come up with a 'now regular' accumulating (slow) hundred.

Well if all the stories of sickness are actually true, I can only see us playing 4 bowlers with Powar+Chawla and Zaheer+Munaf. I think we should go in with 4 bowlers and drop Gambhir. Get Uthappa back in and think about dropping Ganguly/Tendulkar down to the middle order as much as it hurts. Rohit Sharma may also be on the cards for a proper ODI match and I would def. be interested in that.

whar type of a batsmen is rohit sharma?, is he agressive, defensive, etc?

Roll call time. Come on England, lets beat these Indian's like a wife beater wear's a vest!

Freddie will score 50 today, my prediction.

Tremlett in for Panesar for England. Zaheer (cold) and Gambhir out, Powar and Patel in.

India won the toss and are batting first on a very good pitch, and small boundaries, if the ball beats the inner field it's almost certainly a four, I think fielding could be crucial today. Turning 4s into 1s will be important. Broad and Jimmy bowling well again, Broad seems very accurate (take note Plunkers), I think the India batting line up looks quite light, obviously they have good players, but Agarkar at 7? If we get some early wickets we could have a great chance. Dhoni could be devastating here though.

No problem with no Panesar, despite this ground holding succesful OD spinners like Ball and Fisher, Monty isn't quite ready yet for an ODI at this ground.

Good start by England.

300-320 par here?

If we can keep them down to 300 then it's game on, we have a slightly shorter tail today, Tremlett capable of 50's, so this might actually be an entertaining ODI for once!

What country are we in for this game, England or India, because judging by the crowd, we're in India.

Last edited:
We do bat quite deep today with Tremlett in at 10.

Par score? 290/300

But then again after only 8 overs they've only got 29 runs, with only one expensive over. Outfield seems like lightning.

It seems like this pitch in that it is slow and with a touch of grass, will reward accurate bowling and the flight of spinners against batsman coming up the pitch will play an important part in this match.

My point is that batsman may often come up the pitch to spinners on this slow pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread