India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I still don't understand why people constantly criticise Jaffer so much. I mean he has a Test Double-Century and not against Bangladesh or a minnow either! In contrast Karthik has a modest average, even in First Class cricket, and is adored. Ah well.

As an aside: isn't it ironic that a harsh spell of rain may have saved this game from a draw?

Anyone else find it ironic that it's our most inexperienced bowling line-up have produced our most controlled start to an innings all summer?

And as I speak we concede a 4. Typical of me that.

I still don't understand why people constantly criticise Jaffer so much. I mean he has a Test Double-Century and not against Bangladesh or a minnow either! In contrast Karthik has a modest average, even in First Class cricket, and is adored. Ah well.

As an aside: isn't it ironic that a harsh spell of rain may have saved this game from a draw?

Karthik is admired for his good start as an opener in international cricket. Jaffer however, struggles against the new ball. But obviously, it has some innate effect of getting him in and when he does he often scores highly.

Tendulkar is trying to give his wicket away.

When the ball gets old, we still have Monty to attack and keep control.

I predict he'll edge a cut. I knew Jimmy would get Dravid out with that exact ball. He is too good to miss the ball. Unfortunately, for him, that meant he edged it.

This isn't one of those barren spells where the good bowling work is undone. India are looking a bit shaky. We are keeping the pressure on.

These 2 need to play real well. Jaffer doing well at moment, needs to continue and tendulkar needs to see off this difficult period. He gets a four now, keep it up

Man. Im gone for the 4 hours that play happens and all the scenarios out the window!! What an amazing collapse. I suppose the conditions became too good for the seamers.

I think it is safe to say that we have a match now. I am hoping Sachin will come up big.

Tendulkar needs to keep it positive. The England bowlers are bowling a good line and length and wont easily give it up if Sachin goes into his shell. And Panesar is due next. Sachin needs to keep playing positive, and keep trying those shots at regular intervals.

Edit: Another four for Tendulkar through Tremlett. Go on Sachin.

Ah! Tremlett going for runs here! 4 from Jaffer too.

If these two can stay till the end of the day, that would be real good. When will see monty bowl, will india be able to play monty well

Tendulkar is a bit cautious over there. I guess thats how he played all his career, when the chips were down, he played the anchor role and then flourished. Atleast, he's not over cautious here (like he was..for the last few years)

Monty will be on after the drinks (which are on now) according to Cricinfo...

Hope he gets a few... We need them :p

No he's not on, Colly is instead...

Last edited:
Have some of that Sachin. No one messes with our Jim.

I hope for the love Lancashire that Anderson can get that arrogant little half-arsed Ganguly out today.

Last edited:
Sachin gone thats a big one. Batting still left jaffer, ganguly, laxman and dhoni. Tail may also wag

Users who are viewing this thread