India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Put it this way, your only 2 wickets down. I don't see what the crisis is.
We're two wickets down for only 34, though, so this is a mini-crisis. And we don't have Dravid to drop anchor, either, so Tendulkar isn't going to be in as free flow as he could have been.

Yeah, but Dravid isn't a hairy-armed midget who looks John Culshaw. :)
He hasn't captained India to World Cup glory, ICC Champions glory and a 5-0 series win over England either. :p

Last edited:
Come on Christopher do us proud. Good heavens he is a tall lad isn't he? No wonder he's always injured.

Haha.
Oh dear, He comes India's chance to relieve the pressure and score some runs.

Let's see if Tremlett can justify his selection ahead of Broad. Hopefully not. However, with the extra bounce and the ball moving around a bit, he could pick up a few edges. Hopefully the extra bounce will carry the edges over the slip cordon, though. :)

Tremlett in to the attack. If this series is going to be batting dominated, then india need to take advantage of this situation

Oh btw, can anyone enlighten me on Matt Prior's dropped catch earlier? I was unfortunately busy purchasing my men's weekly magazines from the offie.

Beauty from Tremlett, the only way he can prove me wrong is to bowl well.

Good start. One absolute jaffa. Bowls a very average pace for someone with his frame.

Evertonfan;
Jaffer nicked an awayswinger from Sidearse and Prior dived infront of first slip. Got the whole glove on it, went it and out. Should have taken it. If he'd left it Strauss would have gobbled it up.

Oh my! This is what cricket is all about. I go away when it's raining. Everyone predicts a washout.

Come back to see England were bowled out for under 300, and India 30 odd for 2 !!!

Oh btw, can anyone enlighten me on Matt Prior's dropped catch earlier? I was unfortunately busy purchasing my men's weekly magazines from the offie.

Beauty from Tremlett, the only way he can prove me wrong is to bowl well.
Not quite a regulation catch but certainly should have been taken at this level. Had to dive just in front of first slip (wouldn't have carried to slip) and looked like it went straight in and straight out.

Sir Ian Botham with the understatement of the century; "England still have a lot of work to do"

Tremletts run up is alot shorter. Apparently he's been talking about his action with Clark, the run up is quite similar.

If his bowling can be similar then I won't be complaining.

Tremlett seems to have unsettled Sachin a little bit; He has to capitalize on it.

Last edited:
Tremlett and Anderson bowling pretty flawlessly currently. They seem to be more than able replacements for Hoggard and Harmison currently with the new ball. If India survive, it will be interesting to see how England bowl with the old ball.

Wasim Jaffer has managed to survive the brand new ball, albeit shakily. He usually converts starts of over 15, can he do it this time? A century at this stage would be priceless.

Tremletts run up is alot shorter. Apparently he's been talking about his action with Clark, the run up is quite similar.

Indeed it is, a kind of running through the crease of sorts and keeping tall. It is the perfect technique for a tall bowler. There must also be a great amount of efficiency to bowl 85mph off a short run up without considerable effort.

Last edited:
These 2 need to play real well. Jaffer doing well at moment, needs to continue and tendulkar needs to see off this difficult period. He gets a four now, keep it up

Users who are viewing this thread