India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Karthick and jaffer need to be patience and see off the new bowl

The better of the two batsmen gone in my opinion. Good on you, Sidey!

Does Rahul Dravid have any reason why his helmet is about 3 times the size of his head?

Karthik was always tentative so far and Sidebottom has bowled well. Just what i said last post, swing it in and the batsmen will have trouble.

So Lee, are we bowling well?? :p

Yes we are now. You see we could bowl how we are all day but no get a wicket - that's not bowling well. Now we have a wicket we can put the pressure on.

Tremlett seems to take an age to hit the deck. Understandable really, seeing as he's about 9 foot.

Karthick didn't play the swing particularly well; Lunging forward a lot, he wasn't playing the ball late enough. He eyes seemed to light up when he saw one he thought he could drive.

Ooooftt, Close to the outside edge of Dravid's bat on the cut.

What a guess! I just said to my dad that it would be the 100,000th delivery. Just call me a very lucky nerd...

India really need to see of the new ball and then they might be able to play the shots

If we keep bowling like this, Karthik or Jaffer will get frustrated and play a stupid shot. Until we get a wicket, I refuse to say we are bowling well.
Well that's just a foolish standpoint. It is really quite possible to bowl well without getting a wicket, which is why that has become one of the cliched statements employed by substandard commentators like Arun Lal.

The 'bowlers running on the pitch' rule is the silliest one in cricket. It's not as if they do it on purpose and the umpires are always way too strict on it.
Sometimes they do. :D

But I think what is stupider is penalizing a bowler who isn't wearing spikes from running on the wicket, which has happened quite a bit in the past.

Dravid gone!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread