India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Am not saying that england bowled bad they bowled very well, however indias batters did not put away the bad balls and that put them under pressure. Tendulkar wants his name on the honours board he may have to in the 2nd innings not just him. That is for india win or draw

He wasn't so good against Australia though.

He wasn't the worst and was unfairly dropped

Am not saying that england bowled bad they bowled very well, however indias batters did not put away the bad balls and that put them under pressure. Tendulkar wants his name on the honours board he may have to in the 2nd innings not just him. That is for india win or draw

England didn't bowl that many bad balls though

RP Singh to beat Gillispie's record as a nightwatchman ! No? Okay....

Sarcasm ;)

Aus5892 said:
He wasn't so good against Australia though.

LOL, so because he wasnt good against Australia he is a poor bowler. Yeh, ok. He has proven his worth at test level, taking a 5fer against a top side. Getting the wickets of 3 of the best players in world cricket, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly proves his talent. Anderson has matured and improved a hell of alot since Australia, and 1 bad series doesnt make him a bad bowler. He bowled magnificently in that innings.

Overall a great bowling performance, Sir Jimmy bowled magnificently, as did Tramp and Tremlett. Glad Tremlett was picked over Broad, dont think Broad is ready for test cricket just yet tbh, think we should leave him for the rest of the season, let him really show his consistency. Tremlett showed pace, bounce and control, just needs to get it abit fuller. Great performance though. Ganguly's wicket triggered the collapse for India, was a cracking inswinger from Anderson. Shame that Panesar didnt get much of a bowl.

Monty was probably our worst bowler even he didn't get much of a chance :p

I hope Anderson goes on to get 10 in this match;

a) Because he's a legend
b) So he can stick the selectors stupidity down their throats.
c) To improve his fairly >> UGLY << Test Bowling Average of 38 aswell. :p

Sarcasm ;)LOL, so because he wasnt good against Australia he is a poor bowler. Yeh, ok. He has proven his worth at test level, taking a 5fer against a top side. Getting the wickets of 3 of the best players in world cricket, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly proves his talent.
Since when did Ganguly become one of the top 3 players in World Cricket?

Hahahaha.

Jimmy is a legend! To get India's top 3 batsmen in Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly is a real feat, the ball to Ganguly was especially fantastic. Sidebottom and Tremlett were excellent as well, really impressed with that bowling performance. And, we didn't let the tail undo our earlier work as we so often do.

Oh and to the people who were calling Pietersen a cheater before yesterday, including the Australian who just mocked Jimmy, he walked yesterday and look what happened. You can't exactly call him a cheat.

Since when did Ganguly become one of the top 3 players in World Cricket?

Hahahaha.

I hope that's a joke.

It's stopped raining around here. Like a true idiot, I've marveling at the fact that the weather is similar here to Lords (e.g. it starts raining at the same time and stops at the same time) while I have failed to realise that I live only about 10-15 miles from Lords. :p

I understand you can't help being arrogant because you are Australian, but please make an effort.

I've said before, statistics are blown way out of proportion in cricket. Just because James Anderson's bowling average is about 40, it doesn't mean he is a bad bowler.

Also, it is quite obvious that Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly are the Indian equivalents of Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan. King Pietersen is well placed to make that statement.
Oh
My
God

:eek:

I wasn't being arrogant.

I'm a fan of James Anderson, I've seen him bowl. His got some real talent but his young & over time will develop into a really good bowler. I was just ribbing on Matt for god sake.

Ganguly is a decent batsman for India, but his nowhere near the best or near the class of Tendulkar or Dravid.

And when have I ever said anything completely negative about Pietersen? If anything it's all praises.

Some of you poms are so sensitive. :rolleyes:

Covers coming off. Play starting in half an hour apparently. Cant wait for the live cricket to start again. I'm with Nasser though. Wouldnt mind seeing England toppled for about 200-250 so that we have a real battle on our hands. Would show how the bowling attack copes under pressure. Come on England.

It's only day three. Hopefully, we can manage around 300 by tomorrow lunch/tea

i cant see england declaring untill late tomorrow. india need to bowl well and not let the runs come easy

If we bat at a decent rate like the first innings, there's no need for us to bat late on day 4.

120 overs at 3 an over would get us 360 and a lead of 457 (if we can manage it) and we would have 4 sessions (weather permitting) to bowl at you.

Users who are viewing this thread