India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I saw the LBW against Rahul Dravid live in real time and I must admit I was appealing for it when it hit his pads! It looked out to me!

The replays showed the only thing Simon Taufel got wrong was that it hit Dravid outside the line of off stump. Hawkeye said it would have gone on to hit the top of off stump.

....yes but it hit outside, therefore it shouldnt have been out :noway

....yes but it hit outside, therefore it shouldnt have been out :noway

Yep I know, but it was difficult to tell whether it had hit him outside the line or not in real time with the naked eye.

You have to remember, Taufel didn't have the benefit of slow motion replays and Hawkeye. He had one chance to see it and then a load of players shouting in his ear!

It's a strange period of play at the moment with no wickets falling but India don't seem to be getting anywhere!

I'm a little confused when it comes to the regulations surrounding the close of play. Who decides whether or not the extra half an hour is played? Might that happen today?

It's a lovely evening, the light is no problem, so I don't see why we can't play on until 7:30pm and make up for the time lost over the last 3 days.

It's been a really really good test match. I've watched every ball and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, despite India not doing too well. The two guys there should think positively now. 243 behind. If they can go through the first session losing one wicket or less, then I feel India will be on top ; needing less than 150 to win with 6 or 5 wickets left.

First session tomorrow's crucial. Must not lose more than a wicket.

I have to say that most of the predictions I made today were unfortunately correct, with regards to the Indian innings. I'm glad we at least bowled out England, because they would no doubt have continued batting as long as possible and completely ruled out an Indian victory.

So, I had to go out for dinner right after tea was taken today, so I left with one prediction: Jaffer, Karthik and Dravid would be out today. Before I left Jaffer had bitten the bullet. As I reached the car and was on my way out, I decided that I should check the score. At that exact moment, Dravid had just been dismissed and Tendulkar was due to come in. I had expected Karthik to fall before Dravid, so I revised my prediction, saying Tendulkar would fall to Panesar.

In the middle of dinner I had the urge to check the score once again and it was at the exact moment that Tendulkar had fallen. It hadn't even updated to say who the next batsman was, yet.

I feel that I am now qualified making lofty predictions about the 2011 World Cup. :)

But anyhow, tough day but I can see it swinging either way. :D Seriously, though, India need this partnership to continue because who knows how long Ganguly's touch will last. After this shroud of pessimism, I think I will switch over to being optimistic for a while. :)

well india are a bit unlucky but thats cricket. jaffer;s shot was not timed and played exactly right. dravid unlucky decision.

i would say that england are still faverites for the win, but anything can happen. india need to be on the money tomorrow.

Massive amount of rain forcats for tomorrow.
I'd just like to say how brilliant a test match this has been. It's been stunningly brilliant. Best test I have seen in ages. Credit to both sides performances so far. If we can have two more games of this quality, no matter who wins them, I'll be extremely happy.

Karthick played well tonight, whilst not without risk. Played very well. Good some runs which is what he needed after the first innings showing. Although I don't feel he's been a good started against our swing bowlers, so getting him tomorrow morning could be the key I feel.

Monty! Good ball to get Tendulkar. Whilst I'm pleased about his dismisall for the match position. It's sad to see a player of such brilliance not get his name on the Lords honours board.

Ganguly and Laxman can make big hundreds so I wouldn't count out India.
Monty looked good as well with a bit of rough outside Ganguly's offstump.
If the weather holds off tommorrow we should see some good cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread