India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Kp gone will england. I think they got enough. England still be thinking about 400

5 for Singh. India's quicks have outdone a lot of expectation. If only the batsmen could hold up their end.

Well, the bowlers have done their part this game, despite that awful first day. If you bowl a side for under 300 in both innings you should win the match. Unfortunately India's batting was awful. 380 to win is very very tough, but as a fan I'm still hoping some brilliance from the batting will win India the game!! Unlikely though.

but think abot it, dravid, dhoni, laxman and kartik failed in the first innings. if the rest score the same (maybe a bit more) and those who failed score a 50 each the match is by far not over.

i know its easy to say, but hopefully our world class batting line up can show the world why there world class....

but think abot it, dravid, dhoni, laxman and kartik failed in the first innings. if the rest score the same (maybe a bit more) and those who failed score a 50 each the match is by far not over.

i know its easy to say, but hopefully our world class batting line up can show the world why there world class....

Only if cricket was as simple as that.

My Prediction is that this will be a huge partnership between Prior and KP and England to declare before tea !
KP will get a hundred here.

On the money yaar! One of the best ever predictions that I've ever seen.

India will look to save this game. Esp. with Dravid as the captain, I just dont see them wanting to win it. They can win it because they have some of the best batsmen in the world. Anyways, I will be satisfied if we scrap through to a draw, but its even more unlikely because when we play for a draw, we invariably lose.

If it was as easy as that, we`d be winning every series that we play.

On the money yaar! One of the best ever predictions that I've ever seen.

India will look to save this game. Esp. with Dravid as the captain, I just dont see them wanting to win it. They can win it because they have some of the best batsmen in the world. Anyways, I will be satisfied if we scrap through to a draw, but its even more unlikely because when we play for a draw, we invariably lose.

That was`nt that hard a prediction to make, was it ?
We have seen this happen time and again with India.

As I post, a promising opening partnership ends as Jaffer scoops it to square leg.
A good opening stand would`ve made the match interesting.

Last edited:
India are coming out more positive here in this innings. I have never seen Dravid start like this with a rocking square cut off the very first ball, and next ball he goes for the same type of shot and misses.

The positive intent is good to watch, but for how long will it remain is the question. Both have to be really careful here. I dont want another wicket today if India have to think of saving the game. If India dont lose another wicket today and go at a reasonable pace, we might be looking at something around 250 runs to score tomorrow to win the game which doesnt sound tough.

Edit: Four from Karthik to bring up our 50! We are going at over 4 per over.

India are coming out more positive here in this innings. I have never seen Dravid start like this with a rocking square cut off the very first ball, and next ball he goes for the same type of shot and misses.

The positive intent is good to watch, but for how long will it remain is the question. Both have to be really careful here. I dont want another wicket today if India have to think of saving the game. If India dont lose another wicket today and go at a reasonable pace, we might be looking at something around 250 runs to score tomorrow to win the game which doesnt sound tough.

Edit: Four from Karthik to bring up our 50! We are going at over 4 per over.

Dont get over excited.:rolleyes:

That decision could well cost us the game.
The most crucial wicket in the Indian innings IMO.
All over guys unless it rains!

Well India were due a bad decision - we had two marginal decisions on our players given out.

I saw the LBW against Rahul Dravid live in real time and I must admit I was appealing for it when it hit his pads! It looked out to me!

The replays showed the only thing Simon Taufel got wrong was that it hit Dravid outside the line of off stump. Hawkeye said it would have gone on to hit the top of off stump.

Users who are viewing this thread