India in England/Ireland/Scotland

KP starting to motor now..

India in big trouble now..

edit : 15 off Kumble's over.. what a six..and what a century

KP farmed the strike for 3 whole overs scoring 32 runs off those 18 balls!

Last edited:
hundred partnership..

this pair has pretty much wiped out India's hopes..lead heading to 350..and in a hurry

India got really hammered in the second session today. I feel that England wants to get a lead of 400 runs.

Incredible stuff from KP, and some decent support from Prior if I don't say so myself. ;) Would it be harsh to say that the game only has 2 results now? England win and draw?

Awesome innings from Kevin Pietersen, and some of you said he was out of form! I think it's more than fair to say that India won't win this test now.

Matt Prior is adding valuable support as well. I was worried he would turn into a Geraint Jones type character, with his debut series being his best, but Prior seems to have that something extra.

Yep. India has no chance of a win here. They'll be delighted if it ends in a draw. I'm sure they'll want it to rain...ironically, on the driest day of the test.

still 150 overs left in the match..

and now India will have to chase the highest EVER 4th innings total at Lords to win .

Brilliant from KP! One of his best innings for England, he had to fight to begin with, and looked scrappy but his conversion from 50 to a 100 was absolutely supreme. Prior is doing well keeping him company as well.

We've got enough now, but I think that Vaughan will have the 3rd test vs the West Indies in the back of his mind, at how close they were to chasing down 455. I'd wait until tea for a declaration and push on even further in the hour until tea now.

Edit: That wicket might not be so bad for England, I'm glad its Prior thats gone though and not Pietersen, he should go on a blitz with the tail in now.

Last edited:
Matt Prior is adding valuable support as well. I was worried he would turn into a Geraint Jones type character, with his debut series being his best, but Prior seems to have that something extra.

Strictly speaking, Jones' best series was his second.

I refuse to rule India out of this game. England can lose from any position whatsoever; That's a fact. India have the potential to chase down anything on their day.

Draw for me.

LOL!! A pair on debut!

Vaughan should declare so he can't get a hat-trick. :laugh

Last edited:
At least there is a chance for Zaheer to get onto the honours board if he gets Sidey out now.

Strictly speaking, Jones' best series was his second.

I refuse to rule India out of this game. England can lose from any position whatsoever; That's a fact. India have the potential to chase down anything on their day.

Draw for me.

A bit harsh, we don't often lose in these kind of situations. If we bowl well (aka 1st innings, plus Tremlett with indifferent bounce might be good) then this game is ours or a draw depending on tomorrows weather.

Even though India are not known for chasing down big scores, if they are in their right minds about this tour, they shouldn't give up from the get-go on this chase. There is a first for everything and they certainly have some record breakers in their side. They have the skills to chase 400 and perhaps as depleted an attack as England will field. If they get four sessions, they should be optimistic. Just giving England a scare will be a valuable goal, especially if they get into a position they can't lose from.

England should win this game. It'll require something special from the Indian batsmen to win or draw, unless they get a lot of help from conditions. But seeing as how India can't get a good foundation - they always lose their first wicket early - they'll be even more on the backfoot after chasing 400+. And the Indians made half of that in their first innings, I really don't see how England wont be able to put this away unless the weather intervenes. 380 is tough to chase.

EDIT: Yep, T'dulkar and Dravid out. India loss. 100%

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread