India in England/Ireland/Scotland

can't see india getting near 350..there is far too much movement off the pitch and thru the air.

If the situation was reversed, and it wa England chasing, i'd say 200 would be tough, 250 would be the MOST i would want to chase..

KP seems to have found some touch now and the warning bells ringing loud now.
Is Dravid missing a trick by not bringing Kumble in when Collingwood is new to the crease ?

UPDATE : My question gets answered. Dravid did not miss a trick there as RP got Collingwood`s wicket. Collingwood playing the bouncer really awkwardly there !

All we need now is a collapse similar to the first innings but it is highly unlikely considering that KP is still in and Bell looks to be a solid batsman.

Last edited:
even a collapse like the 1st inning would leave us a lead of 260-270..

thats more than defendable on this pitch

Great bowling from RP Singh. Collingwood just hasn't been at the races in this game. He can't be brilliant every match.

Why is Ian Bell such a bad runner? It's probably because he's only about 2 foot.

Deary me Ian, you played the bowler and not the ball there lad. We need to somehow eek another 150 runs out here.

Last edited:
Wickets tumbling...the pitch is becoming dodgy. I reckon Anderson and Tremlett will have a great time on this wicket. Someone like Jimmy Kirtley would do well if it becomes even more uneven.

Kirtley's a legend.

Ian Bell looks like Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Sreesanth tries to hard to be aggressive; You shouldn't try to stare a batsman out unless you've actually done something decent.

We need to somehow eek another 150 runs out here.

what we need another 150 runs for? we're already 234 runs up..

264-3 is the highest 4th inning run chase india have managed for a long time (didn't catch exact date/time period)

KP and Prior at the crease..this could be an exciting partnership...

England already have a defendable target IMO.
Sreesanth being bowled a bit too much here. They must try to get Kumble into action.

My Prediction is that this will be a huge partnership between Prior and KP and England to declare before tea !
KP will get a hundred here.

Last edited:
India have like 20 players whose bat average over 50 in First-Class cricket but instead select players with averages of 30s & 40s?

in what conditons?

slow..low..non-seaming..non-swinging conditions..:rolleyes:

lots of sub-continental player average 50 , cos pitches there are a batman's paradise..

We need a 100/150 more runs because we are England. England can lose from any position no matter how comfortable it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread