India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Sidebottom's track record in the second innings is also so considerably worse than his first innings record, going by the 5 games he's played. :D

Tbf on him Sohum, in the second innings during the WI series Panesar was the main wicket taker and Sidebottom didn't do as much work, his record is still better, but I don't think he's actually bowled worse in the 2nd innings. He keeps impressing me though, good to have some experienced back up for a change instead of youth, youth, youth and more youth.

Good day for England, a lead of over 170. Bat 2 sessions tomorrow minimum, then take it from there, weather abiding.

India will have to keep the lead under 300 to win this game. Kumble is the key man now. I think Dravid didn't use him enough (or at all) in the second innings. Kumble was far more likelier to get a wicket or two at the end of today's play, compared to RP Singh or Sreesanth. Tomorrow, I want to see Kumble bowling from one end with the fast men rotating around from the other.

Although, I think personally that it will be a dull draw...seing how the weather is

Well i dont think england will declare untill they get a lead of 400, but thats if they get that far. I wouldnt mine if they are all out much before that

Pietersen really does seem to have a weakness from the left arm over/right arm around angle. He doesn't look at ease against it and if I remember correctly, I'm sure McGrath did him from around the wicket at some point in the 2005 Ashes series. Having said that, he did well against Sri Lanka last year and they have one of the best left armers in world cricket in Chaminda Vaas.

Personally, I think 250 would be enough, as Jimmy will get his match 10-fer:p.

i wud be really glad if india can win it frm here TBH...but it looks highly unlikely. But, i really do see india losing this. England need abt another 200 runs and then can declare if they want to or be bowled out. But seeing how the pitch is behaving....with all that swing...im not too convinced that india cud survive for some of day 4 and the whole of day 5.

Pietersen really does seem to have a weakness from the left arm over/right arm around angle. He doesn't look at ease against it and if I remember correctly, I'm sure McGrath did him from around the wicket at some point in the 2005 Ashes series. Having said that, he did well against Sri Lanka last year and they have one of the best left armers in world cricket in Chaminda Vaas.

i guess ur really confident of jimmy's ability...well why not TBF...his 1st innings performance 2day was great!

Last edited:

It could be but England won't risk it.
They'll want 300-350 against this Indian batting line-up and Monty Panesar will be in play with these left arm seamers in action providing rough outside the right handers off stump.

Last edited:
i think england will want 400, but if they post such a big lead and bat india out of the game, then india will know that they can only draw the game and that might mean even more defensive from india

A lot of ifs being brandished around at the moment. I feel that if we get a century maker in our innings then we will have enough runs. I'd never back against India chasing anything though; They are just that kind of team. However, A repeat performance of our first innings would bowl any team out for less than 250.

Hurts, but true. We dont even have Sehwag who used to give us flying starts and help us think of pushing for victory (I dont mean he should have played this series. I am sure with his current form and frame of mind, he would not have had many chances of succeeding).

India should pull up their socks tomorrow. We should bowl England out for less than 160 (a lead of close to 250). If we can do that, I feel the batsmen will have another chance to redeem themselves.

if india get a target of 250, i am pretty sure they can chase that down..but i dont see them bowling england out so cheaply. IMO England will have a lead of around 350-400.

300 is chasable. India MUST shoot out England cheaply here. Even small 16 run partnerships are vital to be ended soon.
The way the England quicks are bowling, India must take a far more cautious frame of mind.
See off the new ball along with Anderson and Longbottom-That would be Jaffer and Karthiks role. Get there eye in for a big innings. 100 Partnership would be almost essential.
The middle order would have to get its act together. I may even suggest drastic changes in the line up and bring in Laxman at 3, Tendulkar 4, Dravid 5, Dada 6, RP Singh at 7, Kumble at 8, Zak at 9, Sree at 10, and Dhoni at 11.
-.-

btw DHONI SUCKS. What was he doing..giving catching practise? Twice in a row at that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cricketman93 said:
btw DHONI SUCKS. What was he doing..giving catching practise? Twice in a row at that...
He's done some match fixing and i'm sure of it.
Naa, you must be kidding. Its all about technique and Dhoni hasn't perfected it yet.
Indians need a bit more aggressive approach to their cricket and now that Sehwag isn't in the team, someone will have to put his hand up and do the bashing. On the current match, its already in England's pocket unless raingods are still awake.

Naa, you must be kidding. Its all about technique and Dhoni hasn't perfected it yet.
Indians need a bit more aggressive approach to their cricket and now that Sehwag isn't in the team, someone will have to put his hand up and do the bashing. On the current match, its already in England's pocket unless raingods are still awake.

It's English weather. The raingods never went to sleep ;)

Hurts, but true. We dont even have Sehwag who used to give us flying starts and help us think of pushing for victory (I dont mean he should have played this series. I am sure with his current form and frame of mind, he would not have had many chances of succeeding).
To be fair, Sehwag was dropped because he got out too early too many times. His replacements haven't faired remarkably better, either.

I wouldn't be so sure about England as long as they collapse again. And I think the English bowled really well and stuck to their task. They hardly gave any room to our batsmen, so we cannot really blame our batsmen for not forcing the issue.

Last edited:
This series will make us realize that we don`t have anybody in the side who can lift the runrate (keyword : V.Sehwag) .
You`ll find that we`ll bring Sehwag back in a hurry for the next test series.

Coming back to this game, we have no more than a 5% chance to win this game or even save this game and the latter depends on the weather.
Our batsmen did not show any intent to score runs .
If we fail with the bat in the first innings, we have no chance of winning a game since we all know our tendency to play aimlessly in the last innings of a match.

I predict a 150+ run victory margin for England.
Not that I want that to happen but that is what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread