India in England/Ireland/Scotland

So another day of Garbage. Doesn't look like India has a chance at all unless Ganguly and Karthik can both score 100s. It was encouraging to see them turning the singles at the end of the day so maybe thats a good sign. Anyway, we will find out in a few hrs.

I'm abit supprised that Pietersen does celebrate so long as he makes batting look so easy & effortless. Shame he couldn't finish not out, his better then his average suggests.

I'm abit supprised that Pietersen does celebrate so long as he makes batting look so easy & effortless. Shame he couldn't finish not out, his better then his average suggests.

Yeah he has also yet to face Bangladesh or Zimbabwe which when England get around to them, there could be cheap runs on offer for him.

I think he had faced some criticism recently from someone ... probably the media. That's what the commentators were saying, anyway. He also claimed this as his best hundred and maybe he had his feathers ruffled up by Sreesanth or someone.

I would prefer a full day`s play than a curtailed day(40-60 overs).
Of course,a complete washout would be fine but I don`t see that happening looking at the first 4 days (The weather is currently sunny according to CNN Weather).

India have looked decent with the bat eventhough they have lost those 3 big wickets.
Even the batsmen who fell looked positive and in good touch.
The equation is very simple. There is no chance of a draw if we get a full day`s play.

India require less than 3 r.p.o .
Karthik has been refreshing with his attitude and it would be interesting to see if Dhoni would now show his worth in the test side with a decent knock .
I predict VVS Laxman to bring India close but India to lose by a close margin.

I wish we had someone like Pathan in the lineup to shorten the tail but I can only wish.
Both sides have longish tails.

India already have quite a few positives from this game.
1.) Karthik in 2nd innings and Jaffer in the first innings lokking good
2.) Bowling effort of the seamers (especially R.P and Zaheer )
3.) most batsmen looking in good touch in the 2nd innings

If we can cap it off with a decent effort with the bat in the 2nd innings, it`ll be good for the series.
You`ll see either Dravid or Sachin scoring big at Nottingham

Last edited:
I'm going to make a prediction. If India reach 250, I think they'll win it. So I'm claiming that we'll either be bowled out somewhere through the second session, or we will go on to win it.

Watch me lose all my credibility.

Whoever wins the first session of todays play win the rest of the day if the rain holds off.
If we (england) can take a couple of early wickets then I don't see India fighting back and grinding out a win or a draw. But if you have a good session not losing a wicket, scoring anywehere from 80-100 runs then you should win as I cannot see us taking 7 wickets in 2 sessions.

Whoever wins the first session of todays play win the rest of the day if the rain holds off.
If we (england) can take a couple of early wickets then I don't see India fighting back and grinding out a win or a draw. But if you have a good session not losing a wicket, scoring anywehere from 80-100 runs then you should win as I cannot see us taking 7 wickets in 2 sessions.
Yup... wickets are pretty much key because the runs will score themselves, given the required run rate. I hope the pitch hasn't crumbled too much. There are so many different variables and possibilities! I cannot say I'm not excited and I cannot say that I'm not disappointed because I will miss sessions 2 and 3.

It almost makes that Sky promo ad seem bearable now.
Nothing could do that! That advert is awful, don't think Monty's cut out for TV to be honest!

The wicket of Tendulkar was great though, thats probably the best Monty celebration I've seen! I went mad and started punching the air, only a brilliant test match can make you do that and this has been one. If India chase down 380 then to be honest, they deserve to win.

Just checked the weather for London and Lords on the BBC and on Reuters, not looking good to be honest, if we get 50 overs in I think we'll win, as the rain will bring moisture and there should be good overhead conditions for England's swing bowlers.

About Pietersen's celebrations, good on him! He's come through a lot of stick recently and he had looked scrappy at the start of his innings and came through that like a great batsman.

The situation of the match is such that India do not have to do anything out of the ordinary to win.

nothing out of the ordinary?

chase their highest 4th innings total in decades..which is also the highest 4th innings chase at lords EVER..

no nothing out of the ordinary there..:rolleyes:

I think India will probly be all out for around 280-290

Last edited:
India can still win or draw this (if the weather is going to be bad). They have quite capable batsmen left.

One thing which kind of appalled me is the way Pietersen paraded around after the hundred. Does he think he;s the best human being on the planet. I don't think i've seen a celebration so long and unnecessary. Good hundred, but stop being so arrogant and get back to the game.

Bowlers arn't supposed to over-celebrate wickets.

A batsman should be allowed to celebrate hundreds, especially when they are as good as that one was. As for bowlers? It was Monty and he just got his hero out, a massive wicket in the context of matters.

Also, if KP stops being arrogant he'd be half the player.

nothing out of the ordinary?

chase their highest 4th innings total in decades..which is also the highest 4th innings chase at lords EVER..

no nothing out of the ordinary there..:rolleyes:

I think India will probly be all out for around 280-290
I did say the situation of the match, not the significance of a possible victory. 240 runs in a day is not something that should be extremely difficult, especially given that the pitch hasn't crumbled at all. The 3 wickets are obviously not going to help, but the task isn't overwhelming at all. If there was the increased pressure of run rate, I would consider the task far more difficult.

Also, if you want to go purely on statistics, India got 397 in the fourth innings at Lord's just the last time they were here.

Just checked the weather for London and Lords on the BBC and on Reuters, not looking good to be honest, if we get 50 overs in I think we'll win, as the rain will bring moisture and there should be good overhead conditions for England's swing bowlers.
Yes, the impending rain is not very encouraging from the Indian perspective.

Last edited:
One thing i'm liking about Pietersen is that if he was struggling in 2005, he would slog or hook and get out cheaply. Now he seems capable of sticking in their, then accelerating at an amazing rate.

I dont like to see rain when cricket, some times i dont mind, however i wouldnt mind if it those today

Ganguly gone, early breakthrough

Last edited:
Thats the big one!:D India's chances of winning look to have really gone with that wicket! I'll repeat my message from day one, We can do this chaps!

Users who are viewing this thread