India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I agree, get Collingwood off, stick Panesar on. Dhoni will either be bowled or stumped i reckon, off the bowling of Panesar.

Cant see Laxman or Dhoni lasting particularly long tbh, Laxman looks very suspect at the crease. Also has the same short ball problem as Dhoni. Not been overly impressed with Laxman as of yet.

Hardly a drop, was just flashed passed him, extremely hard to catch that, just flew past him. I count a drop as going into the hands but not being properly caught, or going straight to the person and them not catching it. That flew past Collingwood at a very fast pace. Monty is looking dangerous.

If india can get out of this, it must do their confidence good. The bowling was a weak point before the 1st test but the batting has let them down. Can the remaining players make up for the other batsman

history tells us that india when in situation like this has rarely won a match
if they dont lose wickets match can be headed towards a draw

Very close, good decision by umpire. Thought that was gone, but luckily it was not

Lunch. Come on india 2 more sesions or less

Last edited:
Good recovery work but Indian innings is still on nails. I hope when they go out to bat after lunch, they remember their last-to-last tour to West Indies, where India were bowled out in Jamaica, and it then proceed to rain for about a week straight, washing out the next two ODI's.

The equation looks tougher now... 173 in two sessions. If the sun doesn't come out, I would say England for sure. If it does, I would say England 75-25. If it rains, bah, poor end to a brilliant test match.

This match could still go either way. 173 runs and five wickets to go. And for all that there are 70 overs.

history tells us that india when in situation like this has rarely won a match
if they dont lose wickets match can be headed towards a draw
Actually, that is ridiculous unless they get rain. If they don't lose wickets and bat for 60 overs, it's in the bag.

Forgive the pessimism, but if we let this partnership go on any longer we're screwed. Especially with Kumble still to bat.

Users who are viewing this thread