India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Did you mean "India do the same at The Oval"?

By the way, arent we going to play in the summer of England, when the pitches are supposed to be good batting ones?

It wouldn't surprise me if we only had one result in the three test matches with the strength of both sides batting.

i really hope india can be the first team to win in england since 6 years ago (i think), it will be a hard one but you cant tell. i aint seen some of these bowlers, so i cant comment on all of them and you never know they might just do the job for india.

Edit: i read on one website that the Chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar said that irfan pathan was not even discussed. i hope that is not the truth.

Edit: another website says it was because of a shoulder injury that hampered his throwing

Last edited:
Agarkar has never been amazing and leaks runs (and I dont like him) but I have to agree in 2005/6 he played well and even in the world cup did fine, simply put, he has been made a scape goat ignoring the fact that in 2005/6 he was India's best bowler.

I don't know how Agarkar gets his wickets He has no pace, no movement, and sucks at fielding. Even Nehra was better than him!

My List of Forgotten Indian Bowlers

Balaji
Nehra

Who is next? Probably Munaf Patel. I'm sorry, but I really think this is a poor selection.

Guys I believe this England team will run this poor Indians out of the business. Cook will cook the indian bowling...KP will destory kumble and other crapy bolwers...Harmy, sidetop, Sardar Monty will destroy the batting lineup...old men..gangu and sachin will struggle.

First of all, Cook isn't that good yet. A veteran like Kumble should do the trick. Harmy gives the runs so actually he counts as a lower-order batsman, and Ganguly will do well, cause he is still in good nick, and as much as I hate him, he's a very good batsman.

From my post:

I know damn right he is best as opener but do you think he will open?

I will prefer to see him opening the ODIs... But have no idea what the new manager ( Borde if i am right ) thinks though! Also very bad/sad to hear from many people that they have completely no hopes on this man,Tendulkar. Lets see what happens in this tour.

In one short tour and other patches, where is the faith in the new blood that have played more than 2 matches? He should be given a longer spell since he is mythed to bowl quick (when it is not 36c in Bangladesh obviously) and India need variety in their pace attack.

hmm.. You should be knowing that, some bowlers who had impressed in their first series are struggling to get selected to the team.. Then how do you expect an unimpressive player to be selected comfortably? that too an important abroad tour where our records are not that good in away series. At the same time, i didn't mean that its impossible.. they just need to work more and more hard to get into the team.

Justcrazy said:
Guys I believe this England team will run this poor Indians out of the business. Cook will cook the indian bowling...KP will destory kumble and other crapy bolwers...Harmy, sidetop, Sardar Monty will destroy the batting lineup...old men..gangu and sachin will struggle.

You always stay on negative side.. don't you? :p

gambino said:
ganguly will feast on the harmy wides

He is no more an Old Ganguly.. He has developed lot of determinations to stay at the crease and spend more time than getting out in a silly way. The main problem i can see is, he does the same thing in ODIs.. Patience is not a mistake but have to adapt according to the situations.

Ganguly has done pretty well in SouthAfrica and in WCup. So definitely expecting to perform well here too.. Moreover, i always rate SA bowling higher than England. I feel, in tests, we should be finding comfortable but more worried about the ODIs though. :)

gambino said:
ganguly will feast on the harmy wides
They're too wide to reach.
surendar said:
I will prefer to see him opening the ODIs... But have no idea what the new manager ( Borde if i am right ) thinks though! Also very bad/sad to hear from many people that they have completely no hopes on this man,Tendulkar. Lets see what happens in this tour.
I have hope in Tendulkar but I am 100% sure he won't open. I really don't know why he doesn't open anymore but they dont seem to want to put him back there for some odd reason.

England have the advantage in bowling and home crowd support. But England's batting line up are no world beaters. Its quite even actually (the contest). The spinners are the key and as long as harmison and sreesanth stay inconsistent i think this will be a close series (assuming weather is fine).

india will love it if harmison bowls how he bowled in australia, india should have a great time then

First of all, Cook isn't that good yet. A veteran like Kumble should do the trick. Harmy gives the runs so actually he counts as a lower-order batsman, and Ganguly will do well, cause he is still in good nick, and as much as I hate him, he's a very good batsman.

If KP can do it against Warne and Murali, hecan do it against Kumble.

When will people realise that Harmy has a game plan? When Ganguly steps to the offside in anticipation of a wide, Harmy will bowl a straight one ;)

india will love it if harmison bowls how he bowled in australia, india should have a great time then

I really reckon he could be the difference on the flat tracks, undoubtedly The Oval will be a dustbowl and Lords will probably be dry.

Users who are viewing this thread