India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I could not be more sure that three will occur.

BBC Weather say: Heavy rain
Yahoo Weather say: Heavy rain
Met Office Weather say: Heavy rain starting at 6am and easing up (but not stopping) at night.

:D

One massive rain cloud over the whole of the south east tomorrow according to the predictions. I'd like to see some play tomorrow but I honestly can't see it, even if the wind changes to what they are expecting it'll need to be strong to still avoid Lords. I don't think this pitch is going to produce a result if it's only going to have 4 days of cricket on it, maybe even less than that.

zub2005

International Coach
India will need to pick wickets up quick, i am not too sure if they should take the new bowl as kumble is doing well

pest

School Cricketer
I always felt that India will struggle in the bowling dept. This England side is pretty good if they all can contribute as for India I will reserve my oppinion for the moment. Reason India Sri Lanka Pakistan all tend to lack the fighting spirit when under the pump, they have a attitude of all is lost from the start.

Another factor is all these older palyers and their use by dates are they up to
the challenge?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dont underestimate the Indian attack too much. I feel Zaheer wasnt in his elements yesterday. I feel with him in his elements, the Indian attack can look more threatening.

RP Singh has never looked a threatening bowler to me. He occasionally gets those wickets, but he doesnt just look cut for a long run in intl. cricket. He is just getting through because the other bowlers are not in form.

Balaji's case will always remain a mystery. Sometime in my life, I want to know what has happened to this bowler who promised to be a big strike bowler for India. He was a very very good bowler who could restrict runs and at the same time attack and pick wickets.

With Irfan and Munaf on the mend, I hope with optimism that the Indian bowling attack will look threatening in near future.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Key few hours in the morning.
If England can get partnerships going between Pietersen/Sidebottom/Bell and Prior then they can bat India out of the game.

However if India can take a few wickets and then they can restrict England to less than 400 then they have a chance with their batting line up and get a lead of about 200 and then give the ball to Kumble.
That is of course that the weather stays away and looking at the forecast, its not looking good for tommorrow.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday`s play, mainly due to the last 15 mins that evened things up and partly due to the ESPNSTAR commentary team .

Add Nasser Hussain and Bumble to the ESS commentary team (which now has Ian Chappel) and we have an entertaining combo.
Bumble,in particular was very funny during the delay due to bad light.

Forecast for today and tomorrow absolutely shocking.
I back Kumble to get a 5-er in this innings.
He and RP had KP in trouble yesterday. Would`ve been anxious for England had they stayed on for the rest of the 5 overs.

Our weakest link(s), RP and Dada proved to be our strength yesterday.

Last edited:

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I'm assuming you are regarding to his bowling, as otherwise Ganguly is one of India's very few important players in this tour.

Yeah, he is a part of an experienced middle order and as we saw yesterday can bowl the odd medium pacer and get a wicket.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'm assuming you are regarding to his bowling, as otherwise Ganguly is one of India's very few important players in this tour.

It was obvious that I was referring to his bowling skills when I talked about him and RP being the weaklinks.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Well the way I see it he was pick of the seamers!
Bowled 9 overs took a wicket and went at under 3 RPO.
It is surprising he hasn't bowled more since Dravid and India aren't getting the support from their front line seam bowlers.

zub2005

International Coach
India will need to restrict to under 400. Before everyone says indias bowling attack. This is suppose to be a batting pitch so lets see how india bat aswell

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Live pictures don't look good. :( It's dark and gloomy and the umpires were walking around the ground using their umbrellas as walking sticks.

Sureshot

Executive member
If we do get play it's not going to be till around 3 at the latest. The whole of England is under a blanket of rain at the moment and it was very dark at Lords. I expect a wash/light out.

Users who are viewing this thread