India in England Jun-Sept 2014

I miss KP, all these new english batsmen are boring as bell hell.

What!? You think Bell is boring!?

Apart from Bell though, I agree. As an Indian, I hate watching India bowl, because let's be honest, we're pretty shit at it. I guess I like to watch Shami, but that's about it. So if I'm going to watch the opposition bat, there has got to be someone exciting and noone apart from Bell is worth watching here. That's why I had hoped we would have an attack of Shami, Aaron, and Umesh. Or at least Shami, Aaron, and Pandey, since those 3 guys are actually on the tour.

i'm not sure dharmasena knows what he's doing with that handcuff tool. he looks like a kid in a candy store

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of bell really, no.

I know some people are so I guess they're ok but there's nothing to look forward to for me until england are out and maybe dhawan tries to go off or something. india are boring with the ball and england dull with the bat.

ballance has done well though.

But hot spot is a part of DRS.

the imperfections are taken into account though. if there is inconclusive evidence with hot spot, then the umpire's decision stands, so you get your wish either way. it is the howlers with conclusive evidence that are removed. if you cherry-pick one-off decisions and look at them in complete isolation of the majority of DRS decisions, i'm sure the DRS doesn't look all that, but on average the number of correct decisions have gone up. dunno why i'm typing this really. you've already made up your mind and have probably heard this argument before...

almighty tweak i'm always so conflicted by ishant getting wickets. on one hand, i know india doesn't create enough wicket-taking opportunities like a south africa or an australia to be able to turn down wickets, but on the other hand, it means we're probably going to be graced with his prescence for another year.

Last edited:
It is actually, got reinstated last year I believe.

ahh my bad. but my point about inconclusive evidence stands

bit late on this one, but is it me, or does rahane always look like he's going to get out? even when he's been set in those innings in SA & NZ, he looks like he could get out any ball. bit of a weird technique

hahahaha @Aalay just perfect, another wicket for ishant. i feel like this is some sort of clever ploy by england to hand india the first 2 matches to india so we pick ishant for all 5, and then they win the last 3. that's what i'd do

Last edited:
Had a good tour of New Zealand as well and a good start here, he's getting bounce and carry off this track, props to him, maybe this leader of the attack thing will see him deliver with consistency... who the hell knows, it's just 5 innings worth of good form, if he can bowl like this throughout the series, I'll happily back him, it is odd seeing someone bowl no balls consistently throughout their best spell of the innings though.

bit late on this one, but is it me, or does rahane always look like he's going to get out? even when he's been set in those innings in SA & NZ, he looks like he could get out any ball. bit of a weird technique

Can't say I've picked up on that, I'll keep an eye out next time he's batting, but you know who used to give me that feeling, Ganguly.

Last edited:
Ishant tells you to go all spin on it.

this is an embarrassingly safe, uncontroversial time to say this but he's really not as bad as most of us make out is he?

I thought the same after this test in which he took 4/79 in the first innings. he followed it up with 1/91 in the 2nd innings, and 0/114 and 0/29 in the next match.

then he had this amazing match where he took 6/136 in the 1st innings, and 3/28 in the 2nd innings. the in the next match he took 6/51 in the 1st and then took 0/164. but that's me being harsh because he was amazing for 3/4 innings there.

when ishant is good, he gets amazing figures. but when he's not, he's so shit it's not even funny. and he is shit literally all the time. he seems have a sixth sense about when his spot is one the line and pulls something out of the hat, much to our frustration.

more than anything, i guess us indian fans are just so fed up with him because he promised to be one of the world's best bowlers after this series

Last edited:
I thought the same after this test in which he took 4/79 in the first innings. he followed it up with 1/91 in the 2nd innings, and 0/114 and 0/29 in the next match.

then he had this amazing match where he took 6/136 in the 1st innings, and 3/28 in the 2nd innings. the in the next match he took 6/51 in the 1st and then took 0/164.

when ishant is good, he gets amazing figures. but when he's not, he's so shit it's not even funny. and he is shit literally all the time.

Your post dosesnt really suggest that, does it ?

2 back to back 6fers, one wicketless test, and a 4wkt haul before that.
He pretty much gets into the team based on these figures

Your post dosesnt really suggest that, does it ?

2 back to back 6fers, one wicketless test, and a 4wkt haul before that.
He pretty much gets into the team based on these figures

you're right. but those were one off tests. you just have take one look at his career stats to realize that.

i remember this series when ishant was unstoppable and said he had got his head right, corrected his action and seam position, etc etc etc, and then we all know what happened in england after that.

Last edited:
Now for Shami to get a couple with the old ball. Cannot expect any more bonuses from Ishit Sharma.

Ishant can go from Innings to Innings from being absolutely unplayable to being absolutely pedestrian, with amazing consistancy.

I have been disappointed with Shami though. As for Binny, as of now, the less said the better.

Users who are viewing this thread