India in England Jun-Sept 2014

I can't be bothered moaning about the lack of DRS but "DRS isn't 100% accurate comments" are just ridiculous.
Billy Bowden is barely 50% accurate and made numerous howlers during the SL series that could actually be over-turned. Without DRS Sri Lanka didn't win the test series...
I support getting things right as much as possible. Not using DRS makes that far less likely.

bit late on this one, but is it me, or does rahane always look like he's going to get out?

I agree. Rahane has that tendency to poke at deliveries that are full and outside the off stump once in a while even when he is set. If you look at Murli Vijay's inning in this test, he basically didn't play any shots to the ball that were full and outside the off stump and was very disciplined throughout.

Shami is not getting any reverse swing so I don't know how he will take wickets unless England decides to gift some of them.

Shikhar Dhawan is in the first slip. Dhoni is making some really bold moves so far in this test.

Last edited:
Now for Shami to get a couple with the old ball. Cannot expect any more bonuses from Ishit Sharma.

It's all very well thinking he's not good enough to be in the team, but couldn't you at least give him some credit for bowling a decent line and length in this spell and actually taking some much needed wickets?

I was calling for Stuart Broad to be dropped during the 2009 Ashes but I wasn't making those calls during his match-winning spell at The Oval. Give some credit where it's due.

Its unfair to blame Binny. He should'nt be near the side. Its a joke which is giing to cost us big here.

I can't be bothered moaning about the lack of DRS but "DRS isn't 100% accurate comments" are just ridiculous.
Billy Bowden is barely 50% accurate and made numerous howlers during the SL series that could actually be over-turned. Without DRS Sri Lanka didn't win the test series...
I support getting things right as much as possible. Not using DRS makes that far less likely.

Thats the points, Umpires themselves make mistakes and then to get a flawed system to review it is a recipe for disaster.

Sure DRS seems fine when it get the basic pedestrian reviews right, but when its flaws kick in, coupled with the flawed Umpiring, you get some of the worst decisions in the history of Cricket. For instance the Trott LBW in the Ashes.

Sure DRS gets a lot of basic ones right, but then a simple replay could have gotten those right too, no need for such a big circus of a system. However when the flaws of the system kick in, its a disaster.

lol that was a weird dismissal.
Shami bowls a lot of unplayable deliveries which do not fetch wickets but he tends to get these wierd wickets. Remember the Amla dismissal where he was bowled on an intended bouncer.

India need to get Prior, he could quickly reduce the huge adv India have built up for themselves. Having said that India have a gigantic advantage.

----------

See that Prior dismissal just proves my point on DRS, no need for a big system full of flawed technology.

A simple replay shows he has not nicked it, the Third Umpire has seen it, just get on the walkie and job done. Error corrected !!

It's all very well thinking he's not good enough to be in the team, but couldn't you at least give him some credit for bowling a decent line and length in this spell and actually taking some much needed wickets?

I was calling for Stuart Broad to be dropped during the 2009 Ashes but I wasn't making those calls during his match-winning spell at The Oval. Give some credit where it's due.

All the hate is because he invariably goes back to bowling crap immediately. Also he has been around for 50+ test matches and not grown as a cricketer. Indian cricket would have benifited more by giving an extended run to genuine pacemen like Yadav and Aaron which we need. These wickets are not going to win us this test anyway.

Holly shit we are on a roll.

----------

Staurt Broad to get a hundred.

See? We've collapsed. You Indian fans need to stop being so pessimistic and realise that you're all over us here.

I do not want us getting dodgy decisions in our favor. Iam in favor of the DRS and yet people jump on the bandwagon blaming everthing Indian for conspiring against the DRS system.

On another note, this is exactly where we start messing up. Root and Broad to put on a 100+ stand. You heard it here first folks.

I do not want us getting dodgy decisions in our favor. Iam in favor of the DRS and yet people jump on the bandwagon blaming everthing Indian for conspiring against the DRS system.

On another note, this is exactly where we start messing up. Root and Broad to put on a 100+ stand. You heard it here first folks.

Being Anti-DRS is not the same thing as being Anti-Review.

I am totally Anti-DRS because the way DRS intends to go about the review is flawed, and I am not sure all the tech works, especially Hot Spot.

The ones that DRS gets right in terms of review are very basic pedestrian ones, that the naked eye on a simple replay would have gotten right anyway. Prior dismissal being the perfect example there. Anyone who saw the replay knows there was no edge, its a howler, the third Umpire saw it to, so get on the walkie, tell the Umpire there was no edge and its job done, error corrected.

The ones like the Vijay LBW are the DRS reviews I am not a fan of, to the naked eye Vijay was LBW, and that should be the end of it, that Hawk Eye showed the ball was going over is fine, no need to make a fuss on it. It looked out and was not a 'howler'

DRS was brought in to correct the howlers and to correct howlers, simple replays suffice. THird Umpire earn your wages, and use the walkie a bit more. No need for a flawed system with flawed tech to correct howlers.

Users who are viewing this thread