India in England Jun-Sept 2014

So...what's Binny's role in the team again?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy (#RR4Life), but how is getting a spot in the XI if he's going to bat at 8 and bowl 5 overs?

No, this is going to turn out nasty. The first two overs of the new ball, Broad is truly smashing it

Edit: Kohli, you idiot!:facepalm You just got a massive chance there. Ugghhhh!!!

aaaand-hes-gone.jpg

Take that, Trent Bridge crowd!!!! Pitched in line, hitting middle and leg. Take your boos elsewhere!:rolleyes

That Prior dismissal was horrendous and there were a couple touchy decisions if I remember in the Indian innings, this test has, at times, been a great case for DRS, it's ridiculous that the Indian administration wants to be stuck in the stone age.

Imagine if Prior used DRS, he may still have been around and the situation would be so different. I'm surprised that the commentators are keeping so quiet on the situation...instructions from above maybe? I wouldn't be surprised :lol

Good bowling from Kumar though, he is keeping his line and length.

That Prior dismissal was horrendous and there were a couple touchy decisions if I remember in the Indian innings, this test has, at times, been a great case for DRS, it's ridiculous that the Indian administration wants to be stuck in the stone age.

Imagine if Prior used DRS, he may still have been around and the situation would be so different. I'm surprised that the commentators are keeping so quiet on the situation...instructions from above maybe? I wouldn't be surprised :lol

Good bowling from Kumar though, he is keeping his line and length.

Umm .. the 5-10 minutes I switched sound on for, that's all they were chatting about. Just talking about DRS and showing that dismissal again and again. Got quite annoying after the first 5 minutes.

Oh DRS in it's current form is definitely flawed but a greater flaw would have been for Sri Lanka to lose at Lord's because of the lack of it.

Then again what the BCCI wants the BCCI gets and the ECB has no intention of standing up to them as they're been lavishly paid off.

Broad has done enough damage here. The lead is now small enough so as to avoid having to face more than 3 sessions in the 4th innings. Dhoni is`nt a captain who would set 350 in the final innings which means India will now bat at least till stumps tomorrow unless they get bowled out.

Dhoni's handling of Binny in this game is pathetic. He did the same when Binny made his ODI debut under Dhoni. When Raina captained in Bangladesh ODI series recently, he gave Binny a decent run and Binny responded by picking 6 wickets and did well.... I am getting increasingly confident that Dhoni is pretty much at the end of the road as far as captaincy goes. Its how much long the BCCI wants to keep that road going, that matters.

Binny might not be great, heck who knows he might not even be good, but if you are picking him, use him. Ashwin should have been picked for this match. Even his defensive bowling would have helped India here go through quick overs. We are basically playing 10 players, with a glorified substitute fielder in Binny.

Users who are viewing this thread