India in England Jun-Sept 2014

Moving on same old story advantage lost by us

Considering our bowling strength and the expectations we had on it, I would say India have not lost a single day of this test match yet. Day 1 was level (India didn't lose it; some might even say Day 1 was also India's), Day 2 and Day 3 would be India's. We still hold advantage in this test, though the advantage has slimmed down. England has to bat last, and Jadeja could be a weapon on Day 5.

But I have an eerily worrying feeling that this could be a repeat of Jo'burg 2013 test between India and SA where SA almost chased down a 400+ total and it ended up in a draw.

Considering our bowling strength and the expectations we had on it, I would say India have not lost a single day of this test match yet. Day 1 was level (India didn't lose it; some might even say Day 1 was also India's), Day 2 and Day 3 would be India's. We still hold advantage in this test, though the advantage has slimmed down. England has to bat last, and Jadeja could be a weapon on Day 5.

But I have an eerily worrying feeling that this could be a repeat of Jo'burg 2013 test between India and SA where SA almost chased down a 400+ total and it ended up in a draw.

This feels like it's headed for a tame draw, especially with rain expected for Sunday, I don't know though, and maybe it was our bowlers tiring, but by the end of the day, it seemed like batting had gotten easier...

Last edited:
This feels like it's headed for a tame draw, especially with rain expected for Sunday, I don't know though, and maybe it was our bowlers tiring, but by the end of the day, it seemed like batting had gotten easier...

Batting always seems easier here in the final session. On Day 1, Vijay-Rahane-Dhoni did well in the final session. Same thing happened Day 2 with Shami-Bhuvi and then subsequently England batting well in the final session.

Its the post-lunch session that seems to bring a handful of wickets for the bowling side.

Late post but India has, as usually been seen in last 3-4 years, has excelled in letting the tailenders bat through as much as possible. Suddenly we come up with unplayable deliveries for world class batsmen but as we approach the end of an innings even Anderson can easily negotiate our attack. Jadeja will hold the key on Day 5 but we need to get runs very quickly today and obviously getting Anderson asap (hopefully).

Late post but India has, as usually been seen in last 3-4 years, has excelled in letting the tailenders bat through as much as possible. Suddenly we come up with unplayable deliveries for world class batsmen but as we approach the end of an innings even Anderson can easily negotiate our attack. Jadeja will hold the key on Day 5 but we need to get runs very quickly today and obviously getting Anderson asap (hopefully).

I think it has got something of the period of play as well.As far as we have seen on every day wickets have fallen during the period after Lunch,before tea.Also batting has been easy in the early session and after tea.

I actually think there is still a result in this match. 65% draw v/s 35% England win. I foresee a batting collapse in the second innings.

It's such a waste. Not every bowler can bowl according to plans. Why can't Dhoni let Ishant bowl the shorter ones to Anderson leaving Shami to bowl normally?:facepalm

----------

Even Anderson has a maiden half century. How good was he earlier compared to Mcgrath?

Jimmy for captain - can't quite believe what I've seen from him with the bat lately, haha!

As I said yesterday, an English victory is very much on the cards here. The Indians are now totally down after this last wicket stand and a collapse is definitely on now. Pathetic bowling. Its been out there crying loud for all to see, we need someone with raw pace for the tail alone. Someone has to tell Dhoni that its no use getting 7 wickets. Even if the lower order scores those 200 runs, they are still runs!

If it happens once or twice, you could blame the pitches or credit the opposition. Its not just the runs but the rate at which tailenders score against us, England since Tea yesterday have scored at 4.5 r.p.o!

I want us to lose here so that the crappy selection policy of Binny in the test squad gets dumped.

Honestly, barring a huge Indian collapse this game is meandering its way towards a draw (and ignoring the tenth wicket partnership in India's first innings, that's not too unlikely). Although I find it really funny that Anderson has made more useful batting innings for two straight games than Cook has since last year!

Users who are viewing this thread