India in England Jun-Sept 2014

Honestly, barring a huge Indian collapse this game is meandering its way towards a draw (and ignoring the tenth wicket partnership in India's first innings, that's not too unlikely). Although I find it really funny that Anderson has made more useful batting innings for two straight games than Cook has since last year!

An Indian collapse in such conditions is not that unlikely. Just wait and watch Broad and Jimmy carve into our top order which honestly speaking is very slender. We are two wickets away from a collapse and this partnership has killed us for this series. We will never come close to being in such a position in this series ever again.

3-0 to England this series.

why are they still batting like Anderson has only get in when he's 69 not out?

it is funny, but it's also pretty much the death of cricket played out in ludicrous circumstances.

terrible wicket with nothing for the bowlers, this is the 5th or 6th time there's been a 10th wicket partnership over a 100 in the last couple of years.

We are two wickets away from a collapse and this partnership has killed us for this series. We will never come close to being in such a position in this series ever again.

3-0 to England this series.

and the award for the most hysterically defeatist sports fans goes to ...

In India, at least spinners get help from the surface. This pitch is not even helping spinners.

and the award for the most hysterically defeatist sports fans goes to ...

Its not being defeatist, its knowing your team well. This is the last bit of action that I would be watching in this series. Its a pain following the Indian side with Dhoni as the test captain overseas. He does not inspire any confidence. Even when we are on top, he shies away from attacking.

For instance when Anderson joined Root, they were 160 runs in the arrears with the last wicket left. Yet, he chose to have an in-out field for root rather than attacking him. Why not force the batsmen to go for his strokes and get him out when they were already under pressure. This last wicket partnership would have happened on any damn track in the world because we are capable of gifting test hundreds to every single tailender in the world. Dhoni has to step down as the test captain. He keeps backing mediocrity, fails to see obvious weaknesses and yet there is hardly any call for him to step down.

This Indian side has the ability to win tests overseas. Thrice in the last 4 tests, we have come close to winning the test. A more attacking captain with a fresher approach would have helped us. Dhoni has had his fair share. Now its time for someone new. I would`nt mind even Pujara as a test skipper. Just get rid of this piece of muck the team management has got into.

----------

In India, at least spinners get help from the surface. This pitch is not even helping spinners.

Why do we need the wicket to do everything for you in order to get the tail out? Admit it, Jadeja is`nt a test class spinner. He can at best hold an end up on good batting wickets. I doubt Anderson would be 75* against Ajmal, Warne or even Ashwin.

Why do we need the wicket to do everything for you in order to get the tail out?

How do you get them out than? If there is absolutely nothing in the pitch, you are just waiting for the batsman to commit a mistake to get your wicket.

----------
What was that noise?

No Dhoni-bashing? C'mon this isn't the first time when we haven't had a clue on how to get the last 3. Terrible captaincy.

Plunkett's maiden ton cannot be far away and he's not a bad batsman either.

Seems like England are protecting Anderson mainly from Ishant Sharma; they seem to think that he's India's main threat.

I wanted him to score a 100

----------

Seems like England are protecting Anderson mainly from Ishant Sharma; they seem to think that he's India's main threat.

I have never been a fan of Ishant Sharma but he has bowled his heart out on this shit surface. Well bowled Kumar as well. Shami was bad.

----------

Now, bat till they utter it's a draw.

----------

I haven't seen Shami bowl a single delivery over 85 MPH in this test which is surprising because he usually bowls in 140 consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread