India in West Indies, 2009

Dhoni is standing alone and no one is there to support him. I guess we have to see these days since we have seen some glorious days from this team in the past year. I think we should get ready for the next match from now itself. Barring a huge sensational miracle, this match is GONE!!!

I am not sure if some of you realize it: West Indies is currently placed 8th on the ODI rankings and India 3rd (jointly 2nd with South Africa with 122 points). If India loses just one match they will drop in the rankings. If they only lose this one and win the rest of the matches, they will lose only 1 point. If they lose the last 3 matches they will lose 4 points.

ICC - Ranking Predictor

I am not sure if some of you realize it: West Indies is currently placed 8th on the ODI rankings and India 3rd (jointly 2nd with South Africa with 122 points). If India loses just one match they will drop in the rankings. If they only lose this one and win the rest of the matches, they will lose only 1 point. If they lose the last 3 matches they will lose 4 points.

ICC - Ranking Predictor

So.

Badrinath needs to come in for next match, preferrably for Jadeja.

It's a smart move of Dhoni to take the batting powerplay. Now he hit a six.

I've got a feeling that India will reach the 100 runs.

If India lose the next 3 games, and Pakistan win the 5 ODI series v Sri lanka 5-0, Pakistan will be at 116 (4th) and India will be at 118 (3rd).

And then if we win 2-3 games in the Champions Trophy, we should easily go into the 3rd position, then we can target Australia and South Africa.

I mean thats at the brink of optimism, but it could happen :p

:banana2:happy:banana2

Mithai for everyone!

Yeah, Mithai to you because India haters like you seem interested in post in these threads only when India perform disastrously.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Somewhere else Laxman scored 78 runs of 53 balls: Lancashire 175/1 (18.0 ov, VVS Laxman 78*, SJ Croft 83*, PJ Franks 0/40) - Match over | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Also has Dravid has retired or was he just surpassed? If India loses this series most likely Rohit Sharma and Jadeja will be dropped. Maybe Praveen Kumar also.

Dravid has not announced retirement from ODI's. He is just overlooked.

Somewhere else Laxman scored 78 runs of 53 balls: Lancashire 175/1 (18.0 ov, VVS Laxman 78*, SJ Croft 83*, PJ Franks 0/40) - Match over | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Also has Dravid has retired or was he just surpassed? If India loses this series most likely Rohit Sharma and Jadeja will be dropped. Maybe Praveen Kumar also.
Dravid was dropped... a long time ago.

Dhoni might get India to 130ish, but this is the West Indies' game to win - if they lose this, they only have themselves to blame.

zMario added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Yeah, Mithai to you because India haters like you seem interested in post in these threads only when India perform disastrously.

I was congratulating your team along with Zexy on reaching 100 runs.

I love how you attack me, yet you don't attack Zexy.

When the English and the Australian (who are sleeping I believe) arrive and make fun of your team as well, are you going to attack them too?

Double standards :)

If it keeps going this way, India really should consider of getting Dravid back.

Dhoni needs to protect RP Singh a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread