India in West Indies, 2009

Jadeja really needs to go. He really is a nothing player. Get Badri or Pujara in now.

A nothing player? His FC stats are absolutely perfect. Give him time, maybe not in the national side yet - but don't brand him so quickly.

But on the whole, this is what ODI cricket is about. Not all slam bang, it still has time for ups and downs and the fighting revival. It has periods of REAL cricket - where the batsman has nothing to do but block and abide time, giving respect to the bowlers. You don't see this in no T20. It still has the aggressive stuff at the end and stuff too. I love the stuff.

Last edited:
A nothing player? His FC stats are absolutely perfect. Give him time, maybe not in the national side yet - but don't brand him so quickly.

But on the whole, this is what ODI cricket is about. Not all slam bang, it still has time for ups and downs and the fighting revival. It has periods of REAL cricket - where the batsman has nothing to do but block and abide time, giving respect to the bowlers. You don't see this in no T20. It still has the aggressive stuff at the end and stuff too. I love the stuff.

Even if he is still something of a player, Badri and Pujara still deserve to be in side ahead of him.

I agree. Pujara's injured atm though.

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

I'm loving Bumble eat into us today. Teach em a lesson. Rohit Sharma makes me mad, don't look at yo bat boy.

Bumble = Legend. :D

What an awesome commentator. No I know this is the wrong thread. But his commentary today has been fantastic - just as it was in that six sixes period.

And to think that there was speculation that Dhoni might've rested this game...

And to think that there was speculation that Dhoni might've rested this game...

Good he didn't right? At least we didn't get out under 100.

Params7 added 20 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Chris Gayle is on fire. Its amazing to watch him bat.

I think Sharma and Jadeja should be made mainstays on this team, while Badrinath and Vijay should continue to be kept out.

Easy win for W.I. there. At least Dhoni and RP Singh got India to a decent target.

The top order in the Indian team really needs to be worked on. The guys are failing consecutively. I don't know if its the lack of a senior veteran player like Sehwag, Dravid or Tendulkar or just pressure or lack of skills but this is/was a golden chance for the youngsters in the team to prove themselves.

A very poor performance by India,Dhoni played a captains knock,but in vain,nobody supported him...

Last edited:
The consolation was that Dhoni took us to a respectable target and avoided real embarassment. Atleast for now, he will stop people from targetting his form (41 and 95 are very good returns).

As said before, our batting order at the top needs serious reshuffle. Badrinath and/or Vijay need to come in for Gambhir and/or Sharma. I think Badri should come in and occupy the NO.3 spot. He will provide stability at the top. Yusuf wont be dropped but I think Jadeja could be dropped for Nayar. That will be better. On the whole, a forgettable game and we should buck up for the next one. Its not as if we suddenly become poor players of the short ball. We used to be so, then we had a period where corrected that weakness. But the weakness has now surfaced again.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I was congratulating your team along with Zexy on reaching 100 runs.

I love how you attack me, yet you don't attack Zexy.

When the English and the Australian (who are sleeping I believe) arrive and make fun of your team as well, are you going to attack them too?

Double standards :)

I found more sarcasm in your post than that of Zexy. And you have a history of the India hate thing, whereas I dont think Zexy has one of that sort.

Havent I argued with those English and Aussie members when they make fun of our team? Maybe you havent read the forums too well.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

I think Sharma and Jadeja should be made mainstays on this team, while Badrinath and Vijay should continue to be kept out.

Was that sarcastic?:D

The Indian batting really has fallen of late. Only a few months ago we were talking about it being the best India has ever produced. Now they are struggling to make 200.

None the less good performance by WI, Rampaul and Taylor really stood up along with Morton and Gayle.

The Indian batting really has fallen of late. Only a few months ago we were talking about it being the best India has ever produced. Now they are struggling to make 200.

None the less good performance by WI, Rampaul and Taylor really stood up along with Morton and Gayle.

One needs to understand where India have played their cricket during the last couple of months. In New Zealand they batted on flat tracks which didn't test there batsmen. When there is some help for the bowlers they have always struggled and same goes with Pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread