India in West Indies, 2009

Dhoni hit only one six today and that was when Yusuf Pathan was batting with him. And it wasnt straight. It was a bottom hand loft over midwicket (astonishing shot since the ball was a slower one outside off stump!)

Oh, yeah, I forgot. That was during the highlights Sky Sports showed during the rain delay. Wasn't really following the match. It must have been from the first ODI. Still, a ridiculous shot.

One thing Dhoni needs to be tested on how is how long can he stay at the crease without scoring a single run. In a test match, you might have moments where even singles are very hard to come by. Thats when guys like Dravid will work so hard to play the waiting game and then will open up when the sun shines in their side. If Dhoni can do it even half as Dravid used to do in those days, he would be a terrific test cricketer. Right now, he scores in one's and two's and manages it.

The D/L method again! anyway R Sharma failed once gain, no matter we won or lose.

Wow! Just checked Cricinfo. I thought that the match would be abandoned so I went to sleep yesterday! Guess I missed a lot of action. Anyway, the scorecard says that MSD was bloody amazing last night! And good to see that Gauti has finally been able to get some runs on the board. KKD was also decent. Well, know what, he has proved me wrong. He's a really talented batsman, now I admit it. Coming to our bowling, Nehra has again showed his class. And two/three more spells like this, and that will silence his critics for the time being. By the by it was a good match, and though some of our bowlers really need to improve, our batting was great, and at the end of the day, we won- and that's what matters the most. :D

Last edited:
Nehra showed is class alright. Third class.

Nehra showed is class alright. Third class.
Lolzz!

If India manage to win this series, I would rate this higher than the wins over Sri Lanka, NZ or the 5-0 whitewash of England.
There have been talks of them having suspect technique, The side is`nt full strength and even the members who have toured the Caribbean are`nt fully fit or in the best form.

If we could manage a win under these circumstances, it would be a real boost to the side before the Champions Trophy where we will have Tendulkar , Raina, Sehwag and Zaheer back.

I can't help get the feeling that India has forgotten how to chase in both ODIs and T20s. We got away with murder yesterday thanks to Dhoni's sixer, but we certainly shouldn't have left that much for that late.

I can't help get the feeling that India has forgotten how to chase in both ODIs and T20s. We got away with murder yesterday thanks to Dhoni's sixer, but we certainly shouldn't have left that much for that late.

Yesterday was virtually a T20 though.

It was great game though I did the same like others did, I also went to sleep thinking of match will be abanded. Great to see Dhoni finally plays innings according to situation.

Yus! Dhoni's average is now over 50 in ODI's :banana2 What a player.

Yesterday, memories of that England game in the T20 World Cup came flooding back when we needed 11 to win off the last over with Dhoni and Yusuf on. I thought Dhoni might fluff it up, but that six certainly eased the tensions so much. Yes, we are leaving it too late and we need to correct it.

Even though its West Indies still love all Indian victories against them. We have hardly beaten them.

Whens the next cricket game for India, after WI series ?

Users who are viewing this thread