India in West Indies, 2009

20 overs per side is still the limit for a completed game, right? Another shower and this game could well be under the carpet. May be best for the series, too, since it makes the next game a decider.

195 off 27 overs is a stiff target to achieve for India. But Karthick and Gambhir's start gives good hope. The short pitched bowling is being played quite well. They are playing less extravagant shots than before and its clearly helping them stay at the crease and keep the scoring rate at a good level. T20 inculcates bad habits and we have seen it

P.s: Dhoni's catch today to dismiss Bravo was sensational. Probably his best ever catch!

This is crap. In this game, no one was allowed to gain momentum due to the rain.

16 runs needed off 2 overs. Very doable.

Params7 added 7 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

11 required off 6 balls now.

Still doable.

Params7 added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Six of Dhoni nice

Params7 added 3 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Win yeah! This was close.

Very satisfying to win a close game in the end for India. Dhoni's six (outside the off stump, over midwicket:noway:D) made the big difference in the end. Dhoni played a real good knock of 46* (he is the Man of the match!). He has had a very good series with the bat. get that, you Dhoni haters!!:D He has been more reliable than Yuvraj this series and has performed better!

If we can win on Sunday, thats a hat-trick of ODI series wins overseas. That would be a wonderful achievement. eagerly hoping that Dhoni and India achieve it.

It was so good to see that hoik over mid-wicket again after such a long time...

It was so good to see that hoik over mid-wicket again after such a long time...

Yes it was! It showed glimpses of the old marauding Dhoni. But I am very happy with the current Dhoni that we have. In ODI's, he is one of the most reliable in the world right now. In T20's, he seems to struggle with the big hits but he is damn reliable in ODI's. Hope he can translate this reliability into test matches (as sohum said few days back) and improve upon his test record.

Frankly, I am very very happy with Dinesh Karthik. This guy is finally living up to the hype and has been excellent in this series (in those two innings). He got a brute of a ball in the 2nd ODI or else he could have shone there too. He gives Dhoni the major wicketkeeping backup, he is a very good outfielder and if he can bat like this, we have a major boost to the stability of our lineup. Dinesh Karthik plays the short ball very well and has a very good pull shot (today WI erred by bowling too many short ones to Karthik and paid the price) Once Sachin and Sehwag comeback, guys like Raina and Rohit Sharma should feel the heat now with Dinesh Karthik breathing down their neck. Rohit (cricketman) must be jumping...:happy:D

Last edited:
So India now leading the series,finally the openers contributed,Sarwan played a good knock,but in vain....

I feel Y pathan should have come up the order,before R Sharma..Nehra has been bowling well,he got 3 wickets for 2nd time in this series now,I Sharma once again proving expensive and wicketless...

Dhoni's straight six when Yuvraj was in was just ridiculous. That's Dhoni at his best.

I feel Y pathan should have come up the order,before R Sharma..Nehra has been bowling well,he got 3 wickets for 2nd time in this series now,I Sharma once again proving expensive and wicketless...

Again Rohit Sharma failed today. This boy is not cut out for ODI's. Only a few weeks back, he was playing like a dream in T20's. Its clearly a case of comfort with the different formats. He should be kept only for T20's and maybe drafted back to ODI's in future if he shows form in domestic ODI's over a long period of time.

I too felt Yusuf should come up the order, but Dhoni did well by coming at No.3 today. In ODI's, he can be the ideal No.3 where he manuvers the innings. Yuvraj failed today but we didnt actually feel the need to have Yusuf up the order today

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Dhoni's straight six when Yuvraj was in was just ridiculous. That's Dhoni at his best.

Dhoni hit only one six today and that was when Yusuf Pathan was batting with him. And it wasnt straight. It was a bottom hand loft over midwicket (astonishing shot since the ball was a slower one outside off stump!)

Oh I dint even see the full WI innings.I thought the match was abandoned and went to sleep lol.This is a pleasant surprise now.Great to see Dhoni in good nick.Take that you fellas who hate Dhoni!

Oh I dint even see the full WI innings.I thought the match was abandoned and went to sleep lol.This is a pleasant surprise now.Great to see Dhoni in good nick.Take that you fellas who hate Dhoni!

The good thing for Dhoni here is that he is under less pressure to get the singles and the two's and so they come to him more easily now. The same style of play brings so much criticism for him in T20's but it makes him a hero in ODI's (and hopefully in tests).

Any knock like that 130 ball 95 in a test match would be really useful.If he plays in the same way,he could really string partnerships even with the tailenders in Tests.Infact Dhoni's present style favours him to be a test cricketer.He can shine really well if he concentrated on that.

Users who are viewing this thread