India tour of Bangladesh

Cricket_god said:
.its a pity we are moving backwards than forwards prepare for
a whitewash in england and australia.

Thats the thing we are not moving backwards or forwards were just going around in circles with selection. I mean dilip vengsarkar called dinesh mongia young? HE IS 31 YEARS OLD. He is crap.. how many chances are we goin to give this untalented sorry piece of trash. Suresh Raina i would have accepter but Mongia man what are u gonna get out of him.

Cricinfo said:
Dravid has scored 10,125 ODI runs and 12 centuries. The 14-member Bangladesh squad have a total of 10,794 runs and six centuries.
Thought this was interesting.. :p

^ I think for India's confidence to be at its optimal against England and Australia, we need to win this 3-0 and 2-0, winning the test matches by large margins (preferably, batting once). Probably won't happen, but we need it to!

Mumbai would be able to do that .come on guys its just one bad match
th problem is not we lost its the mindset after defeat where everybody is saying we are little better than bangladesh.i would be very suprised if
it was not a whitewash it is a fact there is going to be a white wash.

I dont want a whitewash wherein India wins by 1-2 runs.
It should be a thumping victory,Go for Revenge !

Tiwary injured, ruled out of ODI's.

Manoj Tiwary, who was expected to make his debut in the first one-dayer against Bangladesh, has been ruled out of the one-day series due to a shoulder injury. Tiwary is expected to take the flight back home to Kolkata shortly.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind/content/current/story/293556.html

This sucks. We needed the extra fielder and he looked promising. Wanted to see him play.
Kaif should replace him to balance out the fielding. Or maybe even a pro (ganguly/sachin)

Yeah, don't know whats with all the Anti Ganguly stuff here.
Sure i'm a huge Sachin fan and he's an awesome player to be dropped, but Sourav did nothing wrong to deserve this, more so than 10dulkar.
7 fifties in 9 games? Doesn't seem like he's in bad form, huh?

I think Saurav might be paying for the way he batted in those innings against Bangladesh and Bermuda.

Truth is, both have been dropped.Believe whatever you want. Didn't you read what Kapil said about the issue.Now don't tell me that you know more than what Kapil knows about BCCI.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2007/apr/30kapil.htm

^
Anyways forget about that, let's see how well the new team going to perform against BD.

Kapil doesnt know anything more about the new BCCI. He knows them as well as we know them. Kapil is like any of us - a spectator from the outside. He does not hold any job in the BCCI, and being a consultant with the NCA doesnt make him closer to the BCCI than us.

I think it will be an exciting contest; particularly, because it seems that the quality of India has reduced while at the same time Bangladesh has gelled really well, and look to be in good form.

Personally, I think India needs to win this and build if they have any chance of challenging Aus and Eng later on.

To challenge England and Australia, India need more than just confidence. They need the right players, the right attitude.

Tiwary injured, ruled out of ODI's.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind/content/current/story/293556.html

This sucks. We needed the extra fielder and he looked promising. Wanted to see him play.
Kaif should replace him to balance out the fielding. Or maybe even a pro (ganguly/sachin)

Here would be my team for the first ODI

1. G Gambhir
2. V Sehwag
3. R Uthappa/D Karthick
4. Y Singh
5 R Dravid
6 MS Dhoni
7 Piyush Chawla
8 R Powar
9 Zaheer Khan
10 S Sreesanth
11 RP Singh

Last edited:
Well Bangladesh look to be on top with 10 overs to go (game reduced to 47 overs) at 172/2. But Omar will need to speed up if they are to post 240-250.

Bangladesh favorites here.
I expect the 3 left arm spinners to choke the Indian middle order.
From what I saw, the pitch looks very slow and low.

Good total posted by Bangladesh,Omar and Tamim Iqbal played well at the top of the innings and were helped with the middle-lower order picking up some vital runs.
Does anyone know if Mortaza was dropped,rested or is injured?

India already lost two wickets...it will be much more difficult if spinners come into action.

3 down now,bangladeshies in control of this but the bowlings been expensive.

India lost thier 4th wicket , Dravid out :p Cmon Bangla you can do it :happy

Dinesh Mongia OUT.. Now can we just get rid of this stupid trash player and pick someone with talent . Dinesh Mongia should retire if he wants to serve his country he should just get the **** out of cricket and never return because dumbass indian selectors are just gona keep on selecting him hoping for him to do something.. obviously he doesnt want to be part of the indian team since he doest really do anything to take the chances he gets.

Bangladesh missed a golden oppurtunity of taking out Kartik :(

Users who are viewing this thread