India's tour of Bangladesh 2014

Its really really sad, and it is our loss if the selectors are so blind-sighted by IPL performances. Although I don't think its just IPL. Dravid had to face similar problems when he first started off. People didn't think of him as fit for ODIs because he was so solid in Tests. We learned the errors of our ways and Dravid soon became an indispensable part of the lineup. Hope the same for Pujara

Although with Kohli being rested, I am pretty sure that he will be selected for BD ODIs. Hoping for atleast one century out of the 3 games

It will be very hard to ignore Robin Uthappa for this series with the kind of form he is in.

He certainly shouldn't be ignored as long as hardworking guys like Pujara get their due, and as long as Robbie is drafted in as a batsman only and not a wicket keeper. Because he has been awful behind the stumps

I think we have a decent pool of spinners right now - not much room for Rasool. Ashwin, Mishra, Ojha, SIR. More than enough for the English tour

Good squad, except for Binny and Pujara no one is part of England squad. It is going to be good to see our future team play. Rasool should get the game for sure

Good squad, except for Binny and Pujara no one is part of England squad.

Rahane is in both the squad.

Decent team but I still think we should have picked Shikhar Dhawan. He hasn't shown a brilliant run of form and we need him firing for England. Good to see Akshar Patel getting selected. He has been absolutely brilliant for the KXIP this IPL.

Ajinkya Rahane
Robin Uthappa
Cheteshwar Pujara
Suresh Raina
Ambati Raydu
Kedar Jadhav/ Wriddhiman Saha
Stuart Binny
Amit Mishra
Vinay Kumar
Umesh Yadav
Mohit Sharma

Last edited:
Rahane is in both the squad.

Decent team but I still think we should have picked Shikhar Dhawan. He hasn't shown a brilliant run of form and we need him firing for England. Good to see Akshar Patel getting selected. He has been absolutely brilliant for the KXIP this IPL.

Ajinkya Rahane
Robin Uthappa
Cheteshwar Pujara
Manoj Tiwary
Ajinkya Rahane
Kedar Jadhav/ Wriddhiman Saha
Stuart Binny
Amit Mishra
Vinay Kumar
Umesh Yadav
Mohit Sharma

Did you notice that Raina is the captain of the team? You can't drop the captain, can you?:D

I am frankly surprised at the decision to make Raina the captain. He is not even a certainty in the side and he becomes captain ahead of Rohit Sharma. Rohit has done very well with Mumbai Indians, and in the past year or so, Rohit has cemented his place in the ODI side.

Did you notice that Raina is the captain of the team? You can't drop the captain, can you?:D

I am frankly surprised at the decision to make Raina the captain. He is not even a certainty in the side and he becomes captain ahead of Rohit Sharma. Rohit has done very well with Mumbai Indians, and in the past year or so, Rohit has cemented his place in the ODI side.

Haha, it makes perfect sense. Rohit has cemented his place in both the teams(ODI and test) so it makes no sense to play these guys. By giving an opportunity to Puj, they are testing out whether he can fit in the ODI XI.

Ummmmm .. I am not sure whether I like this team. I hope we still pull off a clean sweep despite being incredibly low on experience. Anything less than that on a BD tour would be unsatisfactory

And why Vinay Kumar :( When will we get rid of mediocrity

I am sure I will receive a lot of flak for this, but why not try Vinay as a skipper? I am sure that neither Raina nor Vinay will be future Indian captains, so why not give a chance to a captain who has led his state team to a domestic treble?(Ranji, Irani and VH.) Vinay looks set to be a starter in Bangladesh, along with Mohit and Umesh, IMHO.

^^ No flak. Just a LOL

If we are rewarding mediocrity then why not :D And we can make Stuart Binny the vice captain

^^ No flak. Just a LOL

If we are rewarding mediocrity then why not :D And we can make Stuart Binny the vice captain

Haha, I get ya. But yeah, the captain does not necessarily be among the best players(as Mike Brearley will attest). Do you seriously think Vinay or Raina will lead India in the future? I do not think so. Raina has already been given captaincy and he did not strike as someone special. So why not try something different? If a captain can lead his team to a domestic treble, surely, he has to be good?

Users who are viewing this thread