India's tour of Bangladesh 2014

I am no advocate of Raina, but I don't think Vinay is an obvious starter in Bangladesh to begin with. We will most likely go with 2 spinners and 2 pacers for the starting XI, so it is a toss up between Mohit and Vinay

I am no advocate of Raina, but I don't think Vinay is an obvious starter in Bangladesh to begin with.

He shouldn't be. And he shouldn't be anywhere near our future plans.

He is not even a certainty in the side and he becomes captain ahead of Rohit Sharma.

Umm.. because Sharma has been rested. So it makes Raina an obvious choice.

Really happy to see Saha in the team. He should've always been ahead of DK in the last couple of years. Saha will certainly make it to the first team (and so will Binny:facepalm) on this tour because of his duties in England.

Would have been good if Aaron got international practice ahead of the the English tour.

Rahane
Uthappa
Pujara
Raina(c)
Saha/Tiwary
Tiwary/Rayudu
Jadhav/Binny
Mishra
Akshar/Rasool/
Umesh
Mohit

----------

Anybody fancying a Banglawash?

He shouldn't be. And he shouldn't be anywhere near our future plans.

Umm.. because Sharma has been rested. So it makes Raina an obvious choice.

Really happy to see Saha in the team. He should've always been ahead of DK in the last couple of years. Saha will certainly make it to the first team (and so will Binny:facepalm) on this tour because of his duties in England.

Would have been good if Aaron got international practice ahead of the the English tour.

Oh my bad.... I thought Rohit was selected. Yes, that makes Raina the obvious choice to captain.

Mushfiqur says India taking the series too lightly and that he will give them a fitting reply for doing so. The way Bangladesh have played always, no team can take them seriously. And for India who are just completely occupied with so much cricket, using this series to give players a break seems the wise option. I know Mushfiqur wants to play the big guns, but for that, you need to step up your level to be considered a team against whom we can't afford to rest our big guns.

I partly agree with you Sai. But at the same time, I feel the same that we are taking BD too lightly. Those guys are wounded after some abysmal performances at home and some ridiculous off-field words being said by the players. They would be raring to prove their worth and can be a handful in home conditions. Plus they enjoy limited overs cricket more than Tests.

I am still expecting India to win, but its not really a strong team that's visiting BD. If I were a BD player, I would actually be happy to see a second string Indian team to pull one over them. Fingers crossed that we perform a whitewash ..

I would be happy if we even win the series. I am not expecting us to whitewash them with the kind of team we have selected. Our bowling looks very weak.

I would be happy if we even win the series. I am not expecting us to whitewash them with the kind of team we have selected. Our bowling looks very weak.

Umm.. isn't Banglawash a term these days used when a team loses all its matches against Bangladesh? Just like how NZL have been Banglawashed twice. :p

I talked to Akshar after the team was announced and he sounded very confident. He said he will be looking to bowl as many arm balls as possible because he thinks he gets most wickets off the arm ball. By the way, I am really looking forward to see him bat. He has shown promise in FC matches and I hope he plays some good knocks with the bat too in whatever chances he gets in Bangladesh.

2ryggll.jpg

So we will have good old Siddhu back. Thoko tali!

----------

Anyone excited to see these new players? I am really excited to see Kedar Jadhav and Akshar Patel. Hope they can get a chance in one of the games.

No Dhoni, no Kohli ??? Its just not an Indian team without them. Should have just sent in an India-A or under 19.

Plus very wrong time for the series with FIFA World Cup going on. I think most Indians might prefer to watch WC football games over match with BD???

Ughhhh .. waking up to the sweet voice of Arun Lal :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread