India's Tour Of Sri Lanka- August 2015

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sri Lanka are slowly but surely getting into a position where they can push for a win here. Is it going to be a case of so-near-yet-so-far once again!

grkrama

National Board President
Pujara and ishy are the heroes of the match, but i would also mention, ashwin 4 wkts and a 58 and mishra 3 wkts and 59 put a lot into this too.

Now this was a gripping test series, keeping you on the toes to the last session.

Last edited:

PokerAce

Banned
Great series, great start for Kohli ... winning his first full series. India should have really won this 3-0 to be honest. Barring the 5th day of the final first test, I can't remember any single day of the series where India, at the end of the day were behind.

SA next, will be a great series. Do I say India are favorites, just about. Simply because there is a monster SA had in Kallis who was great in India, he is not longer in there. I would back India to beat SA with spin.

Lastly Prasad didn't want to face Ishant did he? LOL.

Last edited:

PokerAce

Banned
SL have now lost three consecutive home series, which I think is very very unlike SL. They lost to SA, Pak and now India. I am not sure if that is three consecutive, but at least three home series defeats in quick succession. SL used to be a fortress and I think SL have quite a lot of re-building to do. They are struggling for batters, though their new keeper was a revelation. Prasad too was a great find, I think when SL tour NZ, Prasad will be a potent weapon in those conditions.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great series, great start for Kohli ... winning his first full series. India should have really won this 3-0 to be honest. Barring the 5th day of the final first test, I can't remember any single day of the series where India, at the end of the day were behind.

SA next, will be a great series. Do I say India are favorites, just about. Simply because there is a monster SA had in Kallis who was great in India, he is not longer in there. I would back India to beat SA with spin.

Lastly Prasad didn't want to face Ishant did he? LOL.

Good for India. They'll paste SA real good. SA don't have the spinners to bother us. I would still expect SA to make scores in the region of 400-500 in a couple of test innings thanks to Amla and de Villiers. I don't think any sort of quality in the bowling will bother those two. Plus, like Rohit Sharma for India, Philander has a birthright to play for SA and I think India will absolutely smash him in India.

The SL fast bowling is impressive. Their issues are batting related. I've never understood the big deal about Thirimanne. He has an awful technique. Chandimal hasn't got a hundred in those conditions but I was super impressed with the way he batted in SA a few years back in tough conditions against the like of Steyn and co. Same for Matthews. He is a class act and will make runs just about anywhere. (Though I still feel he's vulnerable when peppered with short stuff)

Other than that, the batting is ordinary. Silva can be a stubborn nugget, but it's hard to find better things to say about the rest. K Pererra can lash a cricket ball, but I've seen a lot of him in limited overs and he's consistently inconsistent.

grkrama

National Board President
1-copy.jpg

2-copy.jpg

3-copy.jpg

4-copy.jpg

5-copy.jpg

COMIC: Cheteshwar Pujara soaks in the praise for his match-winning knock | The UnReal Times

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good for India. They'll paste SA real good. SA don't have the spinners to bother us. I would still expect SA to make scores in the region of 400-500 in a couple of test innings thanks to Amla and de Villiers. I don't think any sort of quality in the bowling will bother those two. Plus, like Rohit Sharma for India, Philander has a birthright to play for SA and I think India will absolutely smash him in India.

The SL fast bowling is impressive. Their issues are batting related. I've never understood the big deal about Thirimanne. He has an awful technique. Chandimal hasn't got a hundred in those conditions but I was super impressed with the way he batted in SA a few years back in tough conditions against the like of Steyn and co. Same for Matthews. He is a class act and will make runs just about anywhere. (Though I still feel he's vulnerable when peppered with short stuff)

Other than that, the batting is ordinary. Silva can be a stubborn nugget, but it's hard to find better things to say about the rest. K Pererra can lash a cricket ball, but I've seen a lot of him in limited overs and he's consistently inconsistent.

To be fair South Africa's spin bowling is as good as it has been in a while. Imran Tahir is a world class spinner and he'll do wonders in India. Dane Piedt, Edie Leie are two up and coming spinners who can do very well and theres Phangiso and Harmer but we dont speak of them. Philander isnt terrible but he will struggle but hopefully we can put in someone else maybe Abbott or the great Dane Paterson. Faf also scored a couple of runs in Bangladesh so it'll be a tight series...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Good win for us :) I wonder what happens to Pujara now. 145 + Man of the Match in a match he was not even supposed to play. I am glad he grabbed his opportunity

PokerAce

Banned
^Honestly the question to ask is what happens to Rohit now. What excuse will the team management find to hide Mr. Talent, into the line up somehow. Vijay, Dhawan, Rahul, Pujara and Rahane have without exception performed better than Rohit. Also this is not an away series where the fans will not voice their discontent. Pull off something like Rohit ahead of Pujara there would be a riot in India.

Vijay Dhawan Pujara/Rahane, Kohli, Rahane/Pujara is the batting line up any day. The only way Rohit gets into the side is if they play 6 batsmen. WHich could be done, as India could see out the win with Ashwin and Mishra. Ishant kind of picks himself, which also realistaclly leaves room to play Binny as the second seamer. I think that could be a good side.

Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Binny
Ojha
Ashwin
Mishra
Ishant

This could be the line up going into the first test vs SA.

PokerAce

Banned
Just saw a flash on TV that Ishant got a one test ban. So India will miss him for the 1st SA test. So I guess its Umesh and Aaron/Bhuvi.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The only way Rohit gets into the side is if they play 6 batsmen

After the "alleged success" of the 5 bowler theory, I dont see Kohli reverting to 4 bowlers again. We did manage to get 20 wickets in every game.

And despite Pujara's brilliant hundred, Rohit did score in the second innings. Which might just blind the management towards picking him over Pujara

Users who are viewing this thread