International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

426/7 after 83 overs.

They've actually collapsed a little! :banana2

Is there nothing yet you have come across that you would think is a bug or a gameplay ruining item????

Absolutely nothing yet but have only played for about three hours.

So far...

No crazy running by the AI.
Great lines and lengths by their bowlers.
Pacing (so far) seems excellent from their batsmen.

Still very early days though.

Yea it ruined AC09 online. After a while just about every single player would bowl from an angle into the wickets slightly wide of offstump with a short cover and short xtra cover.

Its not skill at that point, just goign through the motions. Hopefully that is not the case again online

If that's the case, we'll have to arrange fair play rules - no short cover fielder, no changing of the cursor at the last minute and no constant yorkers. :)

Well if both people agree to no HUD ACtion cam, then it will be impossible to constantly bowl yorkers anyways and it will eliminate most unfair tactics.

Really hope they patch it so that both people have to use the same cameras and no one can cheat. If the game sells enough, they might :upray

Absolutely nothing yet but have only played for about three hours.

So far...

No crazy running by the AI.
Great lines and lengths by their bowlers.
Pacing (so far) seems excellent from their batsmen.

Still very early days though.

So good to hear! Can't wait to get this game now! Going to be a great summer!

Well if both people agree to no HUD ACtion cam, then it will be impossible to constantly bowl yorkers anyways and it will eliminate most unfair tactics.

Really hope they patch it so that both people have to use the same cameras and no one can cheat. If the game sells enough, they might :upray

So does Action Cam make it harder to place the ball exactly where you want every time? About time that was sorted out in a cricket game if it is the case. :)

So good to hear! Can't wait to get this game now! Going to be a great summer!

Really need to put it through it's paces but the blasted world cup keeps getting in the way!

Will try and put a few more hours in this evening then report back.

So does Action Cam make it harder to place the ball exactly where you want every time? About time that was sorted out in a cricket game if it is the case. :)

again it depends on how you play mate. You can place the ball if the ball is pitched in the correct zone i.e. if ball on off good length and you try to play a shot it would work.

Other factors effects as well.

1. Swing
2. Speed of the ball... You sometime think why did'nt the bowl travel slightly further, thats becuase you did'nt time it well.

but when you play in correct angle the ball does go in right places. Timing is really hard when ball is moving around. Action Cam is seriouly good Action :D

Im confused now. How come it seems the first people who played test on this seemed to be getting the AI out really easy and now people are having great matches?! From what i see for england it seems to be that swann just destroys the batters. Is that the case?
Or is it just down to the pitch?

Im confused now. How come it seems the first people who played test on this seemed to be getting the AI out really easy and now people are having great matches?! From what i see for england it seems to be that swann just destroys the batters. Is that the case?
Or is it just down to the pitch?

That's the one thing that's puzzling me as well.

SA 485 all out

Smith c Sarwan b Roach 195 (251)
Prince c Gayle b Benn 33 (68)
Amla c Gayle b Benn 53 (57)
Kallis b Roach 60 (64)
de Villiers c Tonge b Bravo 45 (54)
Duminy b Tonge 4 (10)
Boucher c Bravo b Roach 2 (12)
Steyn c Ramdin b Benn 42 (54)
M Morkel b Bravo 15 (38)
Harris c Barath b Bravo 1 (8)
Tsotsobe not out 0(1)

Extras 35

Roach 3/115 (22)
Rampaul 0/83 (17)
Bravo 3/66 (17)
Tonge 1/68 (17)
Benn 3/137 (20)
Gayle 0/16 (4)

That's the one thing that's puzzling me as well.

Let me clear the confusion.

It not england.. It the weather that plays huge part in the game. after low scores from wealey88. I decided to play a test match me England and India the AI. When it was overcast in the morning i managed to pick 3 indian wicket very cheaply than suddenly Dhoni and Yuvraj started playing superbly.. They played Swann very well as well. For me it has been the weather condition and pitch.

Just started a 3 test series me as england against south africa on hard.

1st test in cardiff.

I win toss and chose to bowl. commentators say its ideal for batting and it will spin later in the match.

First 15 overs no wickets struggling for wickets run rate at 2.5.
Then all out for 125 off 35 overs!!!!!!
My created panesar with 4 wickets and swann with 2, broad with 2 and sidebottom with 1.
Worst of all a stupid run out wicket, kallis edges short to slip then goes for stupid run and trott takes out the stumps!!!
Far to easy to get out AI.
Im due to bat now must say batting is a challenge though.
No offence these guys who are struggling to get AI out for less than 200-300 must be very poor at the game simple as that.

1st test in cardiff.

I win toss and chose to bowl. commentators say its ideal for batting and it will spin later in the match.

My created panesar with 4 wickets and swann with 2, broad with 2 and sidebottom with 1.
Worst of all a stupid run out wicket, kallis edges short to slip then goes for stupid run and trott takes out the stumps!!!
No offence these guys who are struggling to get AI out for less than 200-300 must be very poor at the game simple as that.

Mmmm, not good. What were your weather and pitch conditions???

1st test in cardiff.

Fine by me, more enjoyable that way :happy

Users who are viewing this thread