International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Mmmm, not good. What were your weather and pitch conditions???

It was overcast and im not entirely sure bout the pitch. like i said ian bishop said it was ideal for batting !!! It looked a dry pitch if remember, im a bit dissapointed right now, also in my ashes test series australia in there 2nd innings and there 53/3,.after getting them all out for 200 or so in 1st innings. hmmmmm.....
Also mark catching is still very easy only ones on boundary have given me a bit of trouble

Just started a 3 test series me as england against south africa on hard.

1st test in cardiff.

I win toss and chose to bowl. commentators say its ideal for batting and it will spin later in the match.

First 15 overs no wickets struggling for wickets run rate at 2.5.
Then all out for 125 off 35 overs!!!!!!
My created panesar with 4 wickets and swann with 2, broad with 2 and sidebottom with 1.
Worst of all a stupid run out wicket, kallis edges short to slip then goes for stupid run and trott takes out the stumps!!!
Far to easy to get out AI.
Im due to bat now must say batting is a challenge though.
No offence these guys who are struggling to get AI out for less than 200-300 must be very poor at the game simple as that.

Created Panesar? My knowledge from Ashes 09 is if you create a player, and put his fielding and bowling as poor, they can be amazing. What are Panesars stats? (Especially when your not going to put his batting and fielding high/medium, and if you still think he warrants a go in the test side, you'll have put his bowling high as well) Without those 4 wickets what would the score have been?

Last edited:
Just seen my first crazy run out by the AI.

Broad bowling, WI batsman plays a straight drive which broad picks up as it is mistimed.

Batsman then starts running with Broad, ball in hand, half way down the wicket!

Broad throws for an easy run out...doh!:doh

Hopefully a one-off :(

Let me clear the confusion.

It not england.. It the weather that plays huge part in the game. after low scores from wealey88. I decided to play a test match me England and India the AI. When it was overcast in the morning i managed to pick 3 indian wicket very cheaply than suddenly Dhoni and Yuvraj started playing superbly.. They played Swann very well as well. For me it has been the weather condition and pitch.

Maybe it's the effect of the weather that needs to be toned down a little then.

Fine by me, more enjoyable that way :happy

I just think maybe guys who are not that good are given the impression out that it is a perfectly fixed game but by there limited ability it seems that way, i mean utterly no offence when i say this, if you are an ashes regular or were just good at the last game it wont take long to skittle the AI

Are you an online player at all chelsea? Im a bit more interested in how they have addressed the bat ball balance in online play. AI is only fun for tests anyways

Created Panesar? My knowledge from Ashes 09 is if you create a player, and put his fielding and bowling as poor, they can be amazing. What are Panesars stats? (Especially when your not going to put his batting and fielding high/medium, and if you still think he warrants a go in the test side, you'll have put his bowling high as well) Without those 4 wickets what would the score have been?

Ive put his bowling stats lower than swanns but you have to use up all your points so his batting and fielding are better than in reality, I have not made him any better than any other bowler.
Also mark i have tryed online but when you go browse for a match it says there is no games to join, must not be fully operational till tomorrow i thinks

Last edited:
I just think maybe guys who are not that good are given the impression out that it is a perfectly fixed game but by there limited ability it seems that way, i mean utterly no offence when i say this, if you are an ashes regular or were just good at the last game it wont take long to skittle the AI

Which is one of the many reasons why I don't understand the reason there is no demo.

Which is one of the many reasons why I don't understand the reason there is no demo.

Agreed.

Being that i much prefer to bowl than bat im a tad dissapointed right now, im more than happy to bowl over after over without taking wickets, also i have had only forward defence shots go past the edge none of the play and misses we have had described the last 2 days by others.

Agreed.

Being that i much prefer to bowl than bat im a tad dissapointed right now, im more than happy to bowl over after over without taking wickets, also i have had only forward defence shots go past the edge none of the play and misses we have had described the last 2 days by others.

Have you only played as England?

Agreed.

How are you experiences on other kinds of pitches and with other teams? Are you rolling the AI so easily there as well? You might not have had the chance to test them all out yet but I would be curious as to what your opinion is.

Just seen my first crazy run out by the AI.

Broad bowling, WI batsman plays a straight drive which broad picks up as it is mistimed.

Batsman then starts running with Broad, ball in hand, half way down the wicket!

Broad throws for an easy run out...doh!:doh

Hopefully a one-off :(

I had exactly the same thing mate, in my ODI match I played yesterday. It won't ruin my enjoyment of what is a cool experience bowling.

So far yes only england, so dont know if england have been made over powered as i heard somewhere earlier.
I thought id try south africa as a different opponent and playing in england not australia this time to see if i could have a harder battle than my ashes test.
Also i use broadcast view when i bowl and action cam when i bat incase that makes a difference.

My first game since picking it up this evening.

England vs West Indies @ Lords on HARD.

I dicked around batting as I was only trying the game out and at 47-5 I simulated the whole innings and ended up with 175 all out.

I have, however bowled every ball of the West Indies innings and have currently got them 98 for 7.

Swann and Broad each have 3 wickets with the other being the crazy run out I mentioned earlier.

Fall of wickets has been steady until 3 wickets have all gone with the Windies stuck on 98.

Not sure what to make of this. Out of 6 catches I have taken 5 and got an Lbw.

Will continue....

Im going to give you my honest opinion of what i can make out from my little experience so far.
I dont personally think weather conditions or pitch condition make any difference in the outcome of your particular match type,i think it depends how good the individual playing is.
If your not good scores can go anywhere upto and beyond 500.
If your a good player you will get them out for less than 300 everytime.
Just my personal view and i really hope im wrong but im not that optimistic right now.
I couldnt wait to get home and get on the game yesterday but after today right now i can take it or leave it, not fussed.

Users who are viewing this thread