International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Is there a difference between "minimal HUD" and no HUD at all? Does minimal mean 0 HUD?

minimal HUD" and no HUD at all? Does minimal mean 0 HUD?

No HUD means no HUD, minimal HUD means erm... you have still got your HUD lol

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Aussie out for 150 and 574

Now that is also pleasing to see! did you have the same problem as me, literally no matter what you did they played you easily!

Also how many days!?

It was at chelasea boy, he is saying he is skittling them but he is not even using Action Cam :facepalm

Action Cam and No HUD, i want to see someone win a test match using those setting.

Fair enough with no hud then respect is due but by the sounds of it no one will or has used that yet for any length of time yet.
Action cam does not make it any easier or harder when bowling its just personal choice which you prefer for me it brings no new enjoyment in bowling but in batting it is gravy.
I use minimal hud for both batting and bowling.

Wait till YOU use action cam before you can comment if it effects bowling difficultly or not:facepalm:facepalm

Well that's stumps on day 2.

England first innings 171 all out (part simulated)

Windies first innings 100 all out

England second innings 339 all out (simulated)

Windies second innings 28/0 and trail by 382 runs.

Time for bed now aswell, will pick this up again asap and see what happens.

An intriguing first match, not sure what to make of it all as I simulated my innings.

Also need to try action cam and no HUD etc.

One thing I can say though...it IS much better then Ashes 09 and I am having fun with it.

I have only rented it though and suggest you do the same until we know how it's going to pan out in the long run.

Nighty night peeps.

Fair enough with no hud then respect is due but by the sounds of it no one will or has used that yet for any length of time yet.

I have, like i said all various scores. Spraggy just rolled Aus for 100 odd then they got 500 odd in second innings!

He could not have got rubbish during the change of innings!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Windies second innings 28/0 and trail by 382 runs

Will be interested to see if they dig in like they did against me and Spraggy!

Im not liking that it seems like im the enemy of the game here.
Im just giving my point like the rest and i believe it is not as good a game as you are all making it to be, yes i could and will probably go with hud off everything soon enough as it is far to easy to bowl teams out, eventually the AI give there wicket away, all this you can feel like you have worked for it is boll ox. I hope were not going down the road of having to bowl certain ways and use certain fields or go for boundaries when batting to make sure we have a competitive game like members here were doing with ashes just to make it playable.
Believe it or not i do like this game and it is an improvement but no where near as much as it should be.

Well that's stumps on day 2.

England first innings 171 all out (part simulated)

Windies first innings 100 all out

England second innings 339 all out (simulated)

Windies second innings 28/0 and trail by 382 runs.

Time for bed now aswell, will pick this up again asap and see what happens.

An intriguing first match, not sure what to make of it all as I simulated my innings.

Also need to try action cam and no HUD etc.

One thing I can say though...it IS much better then Ashes 09 and I am having fun with it.

I have only rented it though and suggest you do the same until we know how it's going to pan out in the long run.

Nighty night peeps.

Ok, couldn't resist carrying on for a little bit to see how the Windies would play.

11.39 am on Day 3.

53/0

Gayle 26 (68)
Berate 19 (54)

Can't buy a wicket. They're not taking any chances at the moment. Leaving everything they can and playing defence the rest of the time. The odd flail of the bat here and there, nothing extravagant though and 8 no balls by me.

Intriguing.

They now need 357 to win.

mate no one thinks that everyone appreciates your views. All I'm saying is if spraggy bowls them out for 115 then they get 575 and I bowl ai for 195 215 and 134 and they get 675/6 dec how does that work out.

Can't be us? Because we know we can roll them out?! So it shows the ai can bat. I can 1000 percent honestly say I tried everything to get those Indians out!

Sri Lanka also got 500 agaisnt SRK. At a normal run rate!

To me it seems the good thing about this game is you can make the very act of bowling or batting more difficult with the HUD thing. This thread gives me tempered optimism for this game

Just so everyone knows I banned chelsea_boy for being a multiple account made by Lee1981 (who is banned) not for bagging the game ;)
Varied opinions welcome (but not racist ones which is why Lee was banned to start with).

Just so everyone knows I banned chelsea_boy for being a multiple account made by Lee1981 (who is banned) not for bagging the game ;)
Varied opinions welcome (but not racist ones which is why Lee was banned to start with).

Ah, thanks for the heads up.

Well, in my game the Windies are playing superbly based exactly on their match position.

Hopefully the 100 all out was just on of those innings that does happen every now and again.

Really enjoying trying to get my first wicket in their second innings. Jimmy is swinging the ball beautifully and just missing their outside edges as they play forward defensives. Beautiful to watch. Can't be long now before one of them cracks! :)

Eng (me) v Aus (AI) @ Lords

Eng 1st Innings 174 33.4 overs
Aus 1st Innings 126 35.1
Eng 2nd Innings 171 48 overs

Aus currently 20/0 off 8 overs

Have only had one chance off a rip snorting bouncer which I dropped in the slips. Aussies batting much more conservatively which I tried to do but failed! I never felt "in" when I was batting, the ball was swinging and moving off the seam. Very tricky.

Eng (me) v Aus (AI) @ Lords

Eng 1st Innings 174 33.4 overs
Aus 1st Innings 126 35.1
Eng 2nd Innings 171 48 overs

Aus currently 20/0 off 8 overs

Have only had one chance off a rip snorting bouncer which I dropped in the slips. Aussies batting much more conservatively which I tried to do but failed! I never felt "in" when I was batting, the ball was swinging and moving off the seam. Very tricky.

That's another thing that hasn't really been seen in a cricket game before.

Users who are viewing this thread