International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Khan has one wicket the other spinner has 4. Timing the spinner is a nightmere!

Are you using different directions (i.e. using the analog stick) in defensive shots as well...e.g if the bowler bowling an off spin, you move the direction of the stick slightly towards the leg side to play a defensive shot? I hope this is an additional thing we need to take care of while batting as in real life is you try to play defence shots straight all the time to a turning ball, it will eventually take the inside/outside edge!

guys its not that great,just watched few gameplay videos on youtube and it seems like that its just a patched version of ac09........
3 bouncers followed by a yorker and then couple of good length deliveries all on same line...........this watch pretty much the pattern in ac09 as well..........

apoorv added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

YouTube - ipl1982uk's Channel
gameplay videos........

are the play and misses from AI all forward defense shots only or they do miss while attempting to play other shots as well?

Not talking about edges here just plain miss.
I'm very interested to hear this.

I saw a gameplay video where the batsman played and missed a bit (looked like he was playing a backfoot drive). I don't know if that was AI or human batting.

In previous games, it was very hard to miss the ball unless you played a hook shot to a yorker.

guys its not that great,just watched few gameplay videos on youtube and it seems like that its just a patched version of ac09........
3 bouncers followed by a yorker and then couple of good length deliveries all on same line...........this watch pretty much the pattern in ac09 as well..........

apoorv added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

YouTube - ipl1982uk's Channel
gameplay videos........

Guys who have been posting their impressions in the last 48 pages have quite a different opinion.

Just finished the batting tutorial. I must say that the action cam is a great addition. But I noticed a bug, at one point, the ball got stuck in the wicket keeper region, about 3-4 feet above the ground and the players were running here and there without being able to hold it! I also noticed some texture popping here and there.

u can watch for yourself.........

Well...watching videos can sometimes be mis-leading!! Il rather go with the impressions of the people (specially those who played ashes 09 a lot and thus knew it inside out) who have played this game!!

Well...watching videos can sometimes be mis-leading!! Il rather go with the impressions of the people (specially those who played ashes 09 a lot and thus knew it inside out) who have played this game!!

yaa i know but most of console owners might not have played ac09 patched version thats why they are really liking this.............

it's not very wise to base your entire opinion about a game based on couple videos posted by donko1982 who was voted less intelligent than a wooden plank on the other forums!

While, graphics wise you may be correct but based on the thread posts that I have read (have read every single post in this thread!) it seems to have some really positive reviews and very few average/negative reviews till now. All the game breaking bugs seem to have gone.

New features like Action CAM & Power stick to add to improved game play, I would say that justifies the price you are paying for this game. As have been repeated many times it certainly looks like a step in right direction and with more trust shown by sale figures from the gamers they may even provide a patch to fix some stuff that gets discovered. Patches are there to fix the bugs/exploits and you always see them coming out in good games.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

yaa i know but most of console owners might not have played ac09 patched version thats why they are really liking this.............
If they like it why does it matter? There's some very realistic sounding match updates throughout the thread, why would you ignore those and take the assumption off a video of one over?

Some people here are desperately seeking any negative comment and latching on to that as if a few negatives outweigh any positives. This is a game that is so far getting about the best response to a cricket game ever, but apparently that's not acceptable to some people.

It may well not be perfect, but why on earth would you take a short video over pages and pages of first hand accounts?

Hey guys, I must say this thread has kept me inthralled, game sounds amazing.

The only one question I have is I think it was Spraggy who drew a test match, but if I recall the AI posted around 500 in their first innings, he posted around 400 then they got 500 odd all out in their second innings going into the last day, I think Spraggy then finished on around 176 for 5 to draw the match. But surely the AI should have declared some time in the last day.
Because they would have been 500 to 600 runs ahead and well into the last day.

I know the Ai have declared on a first innings, but maybe the developers have not put code in to deal with second innings declarations which are the most important ones. I hope I'm wrong because everything else sounds great.

Maybe you guys will discover this is not the case, I hope so, maybe it could be sorted out in a patch.

Last edited:
oh btw some of the reviewers even played ashes 09 beta patches and they mention that this game is big improvement over ashes 09 1.5

If they like it why does it matter? There's some very realistic sounding match updates throughout the thread, why would you ignore those and take the assumption off a video of one over?

Some people here are desperately seeking any negative comment and latching on to that as if a few negatives outweigh any positives. This is a game that is so far getting about the best response to a cricket game ever, but apparently that's not acceptable to some people.

It may well not be perfect, but why on earth would you take a short video over pages and pages of first hand accounts?

Agree +10000000

Well...the status of my pre-order from Zapak shows "Invoiced and waiting for courier", so I should have this game by tomorrow (fingers crossed)!! Will write my impressions then......yeeeeeeeeehaw....can wait for it to reach me!!

I do hope though that transmission games releases a patch for online gameplay adding options for saving games, an option for camera on the host game screen (which will ensure that only that cam can be used by both players), and maybe an online tournament mode!! All these. i think, shouldnt involve too much work by codies!!

u can watch for yourself.........

That's a few balls...people have been playing this game intensively now for a few days now. Gee wizz mate.

Supershtuffthat added 3 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Yep, haev to agree, sounds like you have the impressionable ignorance of a common douche bag, apoorv

Users who are viewing this thread