International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Every game will have it's share of negatives but I feel that this is the greatest game of cricket ever made! :yes The batting controls and the new camera really did wonders. If they can improve the graphics, a few animations here and there, and get all the licenses, we would have a FIFA in our hands :banana2

Every game will have it's share of negatives but I feel that this is the greatest game of cricket ever made! :yes The batting controls and the new camera really did wonders. If they can improve the graphics, a few animations here and there, and get all the licenses, we would have a FIFA in our hands :banana2

While improved graphics will be welcome but more licenses, further improvement in AI and Online experience, better animations and stats tracking will be more important additions.

Other people are different from you. Everyone has their own opinions. Different strokes for different folks.

This explanation is not cryptic.

Yep, I can accept that. Baseball fans are obsessed with stats. Mainly because the substance of the game is almost non-existent.

Yep, I can accept that. Baseball fans are obsessed with stats. Mainly because the substance of the game is almost non-existent.

Well as far as I am concerned, stats like averages and strike rates add a lot to the sport of cricket and hence the game.

I haven't been looking out for them, but I've only ever seen career stats pop up for the bowlers at the start of their over. Not seen any current match stats come up, but I do skip through the pre shot stuff as soon as I can.

Hey...where are all the guys who were updating their game scores?? Some interesting matches were going on i must say...:)!!

I'm still interested in any on-screen stats that come up. For example, when Steyn goes back to his runup mark, do we see his in-game bowling stats? (e.g. 5-1-23-0)

Sorry mate was fast asleep. So far i have not seen this. However to be honest i have only done exibition test matches. This may be different in a test series or a tournement! Will give it a check for you.

Secondly!!!!.... Its amazing, as soon as us guys go to sleep who have been playing the game all these people appear out of the wood work looking for any reason to slate the game.

It looks like Ashes Cricket, the shots are like Ashes Cricket but the AI IS A WHOLE NEW GAME!!!!

As to the guy obsessed with the little gameplay clip on youtube. The AI vary the bowling superbly. The odd yorker every 4-5 overs, Line and lenght mixed with the odd bouncer once every 2 overs!!

The off spinner bowling to the lefty packing the offside field making it soo frustrating for me to pierce the field. It was only till i had got in and confident untill i was capable of finding the gaps!

Furthur more to clear this up:

675-6

These are all scores got by the same players including me! If i can bowl someone out for 124 how can the AI then get 675/6!!!

When i say i tried everything i mean tried everything!

Spraggy rolled them for 125 in his game then they bounced back with 500!!

You cant comment or have a negative view on this game unless you have played it. Experience bowling and batting with the HUD off. Because quite honestly its a serious challenge!

Sorry mate was fast asleep. So far i have not seen this. However to be honest i have only done exibition test matches. This may be different in a test series or a tournement! Will give it a check for you.

Secondly!!!!.... Its amazing, as soon as us guys go to sleep who have been playing the game all these people appear out of the wood work looking for any reason to slate the game.

It looks like Ashes Cricket, the shots are like Ashes Cricket but the AI IS A WHOLE NEW GAME!!!!

As to the guy obsessed with the little gameplay clip on youtube. The AI vary the bowling superbly. The odd yorker every 4-5 overs, Line and lenght mixed with the odd bouncer once every 2 overs!!

The off spinner bowling to the lefty packing the offside field making it soo frustrating for me to pierce the field. It was only till i had got in and confident untill i was capable of finding the gaps!

Furthur more to clear this up:

675-6

These are all scores got by the same players including me! If i can bowl someone out for 124 how can the AI then get 675/6!!!

When i say i tried everything i mean tried everything!

Spraggy rolled them for 125 in his game then they bounced back with 500!!

You cant comment or have a negative view on this game unless you have played it. Experience bowling and batting with the HUD off. Because quite honestly its a serious challenge!

So when are you completing your vs India match???? :)..am eagerly waiting for it!!

Well I'm at work but as I left it - Australia are 45/1 after 15 overs chasing 220. Anderson and Broad found a couple of edges early on but they were dropped. I just got Watson out, first bowling change, edging an outswinger off Onions to Prior.

So when are you completing your vs India match???? ..am eagerly waiting for it!!

ASAP mate, i became a bit of a recluse yesterday. Got training at the oval at some point as well. But definitely today!

120/9 after 50 overs i have some serious work to be done!!!!

wealey88 added 6 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Play starts again! South Africa 121/9 need another 355 to avoid the Follow on

Well I'm at work but as I left it - Australia are 45/1 after 15 overs chasing 220. Anderson and Broad found a couple of edges early on but they were dropped. I just got Watson out, first bowling change, edging an outswinger off Onions to Prior.

Try all the tactics (like putting majority of men on off-side and bowling well outside off)...see how AI reacts to that :)!! will help to keep them quiet as well i think!

ASAP mate, i became a bit of a recluse yesterday. Got training at the oval at some point as well. But definitely today!

120/9 after 50 overs i have some serious work to be done!!!!

yeah.....after all these years of total human domination, the AI finally says - "ITS PAYBACK TIME"

Users who are viewing this thread