International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

The fielding is absolutely shocking in test matches. No one runs to the ball. They just stand there and watch it. :facepalm

And how can a full ball hitting middle stump be cut for six? :noway

Its sounding great so far, yes some people are being a little bit like a baby. But like i said early, it would be very hard to do the ai perfect. I hope when i get the game they average about 250 and i will be very happy. The odd 500+ and the odd 80 to 130 is fine by me. if the ai are clever and change all the time then thats like real cricket. If its not perfect then trickstar can work on it in the near furure. Also i have heard only 3 or 4 bad runouts in the last 2 days or so, thats great. I still want the odd bad runout, they happen all the time in t20 and onday but test should be more rare. If people think ic2010 is a 8 to 8.5 game them am very happy, now shane 99 is not alone at the top. Maybe in a couple of weeks we can see if people think shane 99 is better or ic 2010 for the year it was released. Good luck with ur games guys and enjoy.:banana2:hpraise

Hey, has anyone gone online with this game? I have a couple of important questions regarding online play.

a) Can you save games? I'd hate to be limited to 5 or 10 over games :(
b) Can you chat over the microphone online?
c) Can you easily do text chat online?

I've read through a fair bit of this thread and the thoughts look quite positive so far!

When people bowl without any HUD, does that mean that there is no ball marker? Also, how would you go about playing this with a mate at your place? Is there some sort of split screen so you can both use the action cam? That'd be tweaking awesome!

Hey, has anyone gone online with this game? I have a couple of important questions regarding online play.

a) Can you save games? I'd hate to be limited to 5 or 10 over games :(
b) Can you chat over the microphone online?
c) Can you easily do text chat online?

I've read through a fair bit of this thread and the thoughts look quite positive so far!

When people bowl without any HUD, does that mean that there is no ball marker? Also, how would you go about playing this with a mate at your place? Is there some sort of split screen so you can both use the action cam? That'd be flinging awesome!

Dont have it yet but I can answer some of those questions for you:

a) no save online option
b) I know mics can be used on ps3, not sure of XBOX
c) on ps3 its easy if you open a chat box

Also Action Cam is not available on 2 player offline.

Hmm. Slightly disappointing answers.

If the game is stable online though we might be able to get through 2020 games.

Has anyone in aus got the game yet, if yes how long did it take from uk.

The positivity about this game continues and it has really pumped me up for the game. I would specially like to thank wealey for his feedback. :clap

wheely, spraggy and srkr121 have been brilliant with their feedback and progress reports. Helps ease the tension for those of us here in Aus.

Cheers boys. :)

Also, wouldnt Matt W have a copy in Aus already? We want gameplay videos!!!!

Yes, this has been a great thread so far. Very informative.

I'm still interested in any on-screen stats that come up. For example, when Steyn goes back to his runup mark, do we see his in-game bowling stats? (e.g. 5-1-23-0)

Update India 120/3 Lunch

One good positive I noticed was Steyn was getting hit around so his confidence levels dropped where as Morkel picked up all 3 wickets his confidence was high. This could be seen in the actual gameplay as the bastman targeted Styen when he bowled and were more cautious against Morkel.

Yeah thats awesome to hear...however I wish the bowler's confidence effects the game in human vs human matches as well!!

Yes, this has been a great thread so far. Very informative.

I'm still interested in any on-screen stats that come up. For example, when Steyn goes back to his runup mark, do we see his in-game bowling stats? (e.g. 5-1-23-0)

Captain Oz has asked this question so many times now and not got an answer :noway. I will also like to know whether stats (match related and carrier stats) are shown (pop up) on the screen like it is done in the real thing.

Captain Oz has asked this question so many times now and not got an answer :noway. I will also like to know whether stats (match related and carrier stats) are shown (pop up) on the screen like it is done in the real thing.

Thanks sami. Yeah I don't know what's so difficult about my question, but getting an answer has been like trying to get blood out of a stone.

are the play and misses from AI all forward defense shots only or they do miss while attempting to play other shots as well?

Not talking about edges here just plain miss.

It may be because people are so engrossed in core gameplay like batting, bowling, and AI that they are giving no attention to finer details although to me stats are the key element of a cricket game experience.

its so sad that we still havnt got any gameplay videos.......
i have been requesting since yesterday.......

Users who are viewing this thread